Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Do You Eat Fish?
No, I do not eat any fish. 19 23.17%
I eat only salt water fish. 5 6.10%
I eat only freshwater fish. 0 0%
I eat both fresh and salt water fish 56 68.29%
I eat only fish I have caught. 2 2.44%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, finally, a thread about eating fish!

As much as I love my fish, I can't help it that I'm a huge seafood person. I've eaten fish about every way you could possibly eat and prepare it (raw, seared, grilled, fried, pan-fried, baked, boiled, steamed) and I love it so much! Raw fish with some rice is best IMO, so long as it's sashimi-grade and fresh (which is why I always choose the Japanese restaurants when it's my turn where to eat). I also appreciate other seafood as well. I will eat clams, oysters, scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab, and calamari. I'm like a big human shark!

However, two sea creatures not meant for me.

1. Mussels. Talk about G-R-O-S-S. They're tough and not very good compared to clams.
2. Sharks. Just gross. I tried shark fin soup at a Chinese restaurant once, I hated it. Plus it seems wrong. Sharks are meant to be apex predators, not a delicacy. And you never know, karma could strike next time I go snorkeling

Old 11-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Any fish! Caught, bought, baked, fried, grilled, roasted, or canned as long as it doesnt have a hard shell.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Any fish tastes good except for anchovies yuuccckkkkk!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Regular

No, I don't really like fish....

Abigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04 View Post
Just curious to see who eats fish and if people have thoughts about it.
I love just about all seafood. I always do catch and release for the fish that I catch myself (freshwater), however, some of my co-workers do deep-sea fishing and bring me fresh fish, which is amazing. I love to cook, too, so it's a win-win for me.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Fried tilapia and some Mac and cheese. Mmmmmmm . The best
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak

Most fish for consumers these days is tank-farm/farm raised. Even the areas driect form the ocean, like clam beds, are "reseeded" with clams on a regular basis to keep up the "crop." It is only when we have incidents like the Deepwater Horizon that the open commercial growing areas are in danger of a lower yield.

I happen to love seafood, shellfish especially.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I love seafood, especially sushi. I do feel a little bad for keeping some types of fish and eating others though. I don't eat much other meat because I avoid factory farmed items, so fish is also a good protein source for me.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

A good way to get away from the factory farmed food is to buy from a local farmer who you know the animals had a good life, and good death. That's what my family does.

I LOVE sushi!!!!!! Any salt water fish, and a lot of fresh water I really enjoy, as long as it isn't farm-raised.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04 View Post
Just curious to see who eats fish and if people have thoughts about it.

Personally, I am very cautious about my fish choices because of sustainablility.

Personally, this is a fascinating topic. i long to be a vegetarian for moral (?) or ethical (?) reasons. I think that it is horrible to be bound to a planet where lifeforms must sustain themselves by taking the life of other lifeforms. I wish to be able to sustain myself on sunlight or something. But since I can't, I do eat occasional beef, pork, or lamb, AND I love shrimp, oysters, and crabs, and I DO eat the occasional fish such as salmon, or perch. But all in all, it is gut wrenching to me that I can't seem to become a vegetarian.

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com