Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-22-2014, 11:26 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Some of my fish have names. When I got the first tank and only had six fish it was fine, now I don't bother. My SDs are Benedict and Florentine (cause they look like weird eggs) my trilineatus are referred to as Geronimo and the magical band of fools. The panda cory is Baby, my sisters both tried to name my hatchet (Pacman/Eduardo) and the other 32 fish and snails are called whatever comes to mind depending on what they're doing at the moment: turd, goofball, whack job, little guy, etc.

Eggheadfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #22
Elephant nose Finatic!

I name mine or the kids do. My son even has names for my vampire shrimp

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I named all my cold/subtropical fish Dave,Ludo,Hoggle,Sarah,Didymus,Ambrosius fancy goldfish can you tell I'm a fan of the film Labyrinth. Delboy and Rodney me variatius platys. Don lino, Sharkey,George,Lennie,jaws2 Danios and Bob,Spec,Coraline and Malificient my wcm. You got to name them lol

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app
em1981ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't now- when I only had a beta in college I did.

I am assuming my son who is 17 months now will want to name them once he is older

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Angela1108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
My bettas always had names. Other than those the only fish I named are the two in my avatar pic, green sev named Tiny and oscar called Baby. Loved those two fish
TheresaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:52 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
I have named every betta I've ever had Hermey. I don't name the other fish though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
NigelK8485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Freak
Only the bigger ones, My red crowntail betta is Big Red, My dwarf flame honey gourami is named Flash. my 2 new baby L144 plecos are Goldilocks and Buttercup, they are blue eyed, lemon yellow plecos. The rest aren't named. Alison
Aliray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Mad Dog! Thanks! We try to have fun with it for sure. And the names have to fit the fish, they aren't arbitrary. It's one of my favorite parts of getting a new fish
fishychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Talking Fish names

Never really put much effort into names of fish. My snails and Ghost shrimp have names. all the ghost shrimp have French names (Philippe , Etienne etc) My snails are usually names around speed/haste (Chop chop, PDQ etc.)
torstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 04:34 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I only named the fish I could easily tell apart (i.e. the Betta I had)

CanadianFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com