Do you give names to your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope.. never... my gf named my first apisto and she was so sad when . it died, despite her less than joyous review of the tanks.. now she just calls them sad fish.. I have some over a year old but hey..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes, people thought that I was crazy for telling my two ottos apart but when you know their unique personalities it just eventually happens...so
Wurlitzer, Peacock, Igneous, Starlight, Tiger, Bozo, Moss, Arrow, Swish, Trinket, Gator, Starburst, Marigold, Sunshine, Yang, Pearl, Touchstone, Hilton, Steel, and Magi.
I know that for some people, they are just not into it but I love knowing them all.

Nope unless you count their their species as a name

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have enough problems keeping track of my four legged animals with names. Too many tanks, fishes, and other influences to be distracted by. But all fish come to the surface when I enter the room without being called.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I have enough problems keeping track of my four legged animals with names. Too many tanks, fishes, and other influences to be distracted by. But all fish come to the surface when I enter the room without being called.

Rightt... 60 fish.. with names?!?!? Barely remember my customers names hahah

Rightt... 60 fish.. with names?!?!? Barely remember my customers names hahah

Exactly, lol. We're never far off in agreement. 2 GSD's, Kiwi and Simon, 1 hamster "Monster", cats consist of Corona, Ginger, Grey, Havoc, Miracle, Little, and Ditto. All of them rescues and the last two are the younger brother and sister of the middle three that were all found by my late GSD Turbo, who met my other late GSD Timber and got to pal around together before they both crossed the rainbow bridge. (If any of that makes sense.) Then there's Simons brothers and sisters 3 miles away. David, Savanah, Georgia, Kate, and mom that I can't remember and 2 more I can't remember till they come bite (more of a nibble) me. That's when they're close enough the see their tags.

I have a hard time NOT naming them, lol. We tried to agree that a fish didn't get a name until we had had them for at least a month, but we can't go three days without giving them names. I blame my daughter. But also, we don't have the big numbers of fish some people do. I'm going to be getting a shoal of cories and I'm afraid I won't be able to tell them apart so I can name them, lol. I know some people think it's silly, but it's just how I am. We currently have Lollipop, Sunny, Star, Turk, Cinco, Sucky Sal, Pinkie Pie, I Love You and Ryan Seacrest.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My daughter and I named one of our catfish Top Cat after the cartoon. Otherwise, too much effort.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hey Louis!!!! Nice mug;)

No names :) They all act over-joyed to see me (or the fish food container) so I've never bothered. The yo yo loaches get unprintable names on occasion.

We did name the cattle - Saturday and Sunday Roast were the first two. The bull was Rissole (which suited him). The rest will come to me at 2am in the morning as after a bit we had to extend the theme.

Back
Top Bottom