Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-22-2011, 11:32 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Spot(white goldfish with orange spot on forehead), Maybelline(Spotted white/orange goldfish with red lips), Hitler(pale goldfish who FORMERLY had a nice little black mustache going on, but grew out of it), Shadow and the Twins, a throwback dark brown goldfish and 2 oranges I cant tell apart. The rest are nameless, and none the worse for wear.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #142
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Yep. Every single fish in all 4 tanks are named. The inverts are named too.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #143
Aquarium Advice Activist

No, I really haven't. Unless a fish just has a really different personality. Or if I get a puffer or something like that I'd probably name it. But when I get my community fish I doubt I'll ever name them. Be way too many and too identical.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 AM   #144
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutangel04 View Post
Yep. Every single fish in all 4 tanks are named. The inverts are named too.
wow...thats a lot of naming,you must be very creative,i have trouble coming up with a name for one fish
Old 07-23-2011, 12:48 AM   #145
Daphnia are People Too.
Community Moderator

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alLexX View Post
wow...thats a lot of naming,you must be very creative,i have trouble coming up with a name for one fish
Yeah, it gets hard after a while! Lol. I like themes. I have sets of fish where the names all rhyme or start with the same first letter. I get annoyed at my boyfriend because he can't tell them all apart.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mine are named after movie characters I have seven tiger barbs and they are named after the whole Weasley family from Harry Potter lol
Old 07-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Yep, my daughter and I name our fish! The schooling fish - not so much - too many and can't tell who is who - but the others? Definitely!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 PM   #148
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-j View Post
Mine are named after movie characters I have seven tiger barbs and they are named after the whole Weasley family from Harry Potter lol
that is AWESOME!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #149
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can't help but name mine. When I was waiting for my 28g to get set up and I had my eye on my flowerhorn at the store, I had already named him Sebastian. THen I had my two bettas- Marlboro for the veil tail since he is the color of marlboro reds (used to be a smoker...) and Wizard because he is all white and well... I live in the south so I thought it would be ironic. Then Xavier my little Senegalese bichir and Gigantor the huge Killifish. And all the rest don't have names. If you could tell the difference between danios and rainbow fish (well I kind of can...), then more power to you.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #150
Aquarium Advice Regular

I need a glass marker to keep track of names, depending on what mood i'm in Im always making up diffrent names for the same fish.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com