Do you guys think that my tanks are overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminum

Aquarium Advice Freak
Both of my tanks are listed in my signiture, but if you can't see that, here they are:

12 gallon Eclipse:
6 cherry Barbs,
5 emperor tetras,
5 shrimp (3 glass, 2 ghost?),
2 neon tetras,
1 one in. pleco,
1 oto,
1 dojo loach

30 gallon tall Eclipse II:
5 Praecox Rainbow Fish,
3 Australian Rainbowfish,
3 snails,
2 Clown Loaches,
2 Congo Tetra,
2 Boesemani Rainbowfish,
1 Blue (German) Ram,
1 Celebes Rainbowfish,
1 Red Irian Rainbowfish,
1 Pictus Catfish,
1 Bronze Corydora,
1 Dwarf Flame Gourami,
1 Rummy Nose Tetra
1 Golden Panchax Killifish,
1 Aplocheilus Lineatus Killifish,
1 Common Pleco (~4 in.),
1 Unknown Pleco (~1 1/2 in.)

The 12 gallon is not too bad, but still more than I would put in there.

Even though I'm not familiar with all the species listed in your 30, yes, it is massivly overstocked.

time to buy another tank!

Both tanks are pretty much more than twice what they should have in them, especially with the loaches and plecos.

I agree overstocked. Does your wife like the fish? That's one of the best ways to get the significant others to loosen the purse strings ;)

reefrunner69 said:

Hah! Actually I'm not married. I'm only 20. Although my 30 gallon may seem overstocked, my nitrates rise pretty darn slowly...

Also, many of the fish haven't reached their adult size so it may appear to be overstocked, but isn't YET. If I notice that some of the fish get too big for my tank in the future I'll definitely do something about it.

I agree, you have too many fish in those tanks! Are your water parameters staying alright? Do the fish seem stressed?

Dude, I've seen a picture of your room...there is plenty of space for another good-sized tank :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom