Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Do you now or have you ever had a Fish Room?
Yes 9 32.14%
No 6 21.43%
Not anymore but i used to... 1 3.57%
No, but I WANT ONE! 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Do you have a Fish Room?

I have talked to some members of my local fish club... many of them are hardcore breeders and have whole rooms in there home dedicated as fish rooms.

I do not, but i think it would be cool to have one. but then again I like haveing tanks here and there around the house and my classroom...

how about you?

Just because I am working at Petco does not mean I am a sell out, they are still an evil empire, that I am trying to make better.
75 Gallon: New World Cichlids|26 Gallon Bowfront: Planted Angelfish/Swordtail Tank|20 Gallon Long: "Nano" non-reef|10 Gallon: frog and mosquito fish
Old 12-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
WE have converted a 10x10 bedroom into a TANK room you could say.. At this time 11 Aquariums running in this room... Most have homemade custom stands with canopys that my husband made.. In my Tank Room are: 4 - 55 gal,, 2 - 75 gal, 3 - 29 gal, 1 - 15gal, 1- 20 gal.. the smaller tanks hold fry/others.. I have a combo of south/central American, and Africans from lake Malawi mostly mbunas.. And one of my 55 is holding my fancy goldfish for the winter.. YEA they are spoiled... Their is a 125 gal African Mbuna tank in the main room...

All this started with to many MIDAS JUVIES.. MOM and DAD Midas are in a 75 gal..

Old 12-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Having both of my tanks in the family room has led me to begin plans for my boys room when they leave the nest. According to the size of this room, I could get upwards of 12 tanks in it, including a 125 to a couple 40 breeders.

*If my wife sees this, I'm in a world of trouble* LOL!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
Algae Fighter

Send a message via MSN to JustOneMore20
I don't have a "fish room" but all my tanks are in the same area. I am a college student who lives at home with 3 tanks, and my room is in the basement (finished part). I have my 55g planted tank in my room, and right outside my bedroom is a living area where we have some sofas and a tv....and my other 2 tanks. When I set up my 38g, it will also be in this living room as well as any more tanks I get. Hopefully I don't have MTS too bad because I have to remember that I'll have to move all of these out eventually.

I do plan to have a fish room when I get my own house. One of my must haves for a house is a big finished basement area where I'll have my current tanks, plus anymore I decide to add. I'll have them lining the walls!
2 planted tanks: 40g, 20g ; 38g Reef tank
My links to pics: 40g breeder planted build, 40g breeder planted update, My 38g Reef Build

Old 12-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to JRagg
Funny stuff JChillin.

I've got no plans for a fish room right now. I have two tanks in the office at the moment. I don't think my wife would be all that happy with me taking over the spare bedroom for fish tanks either.
10g Heavily planted - 1 mating pair of Apistogramma Cacatuoides "Orangeflash" and a whole lot of MTS
Old 12-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to onah Send a message via MSN to onah
yeah my room is the fish room, lol. i have a 15g and 2 20g, i am in the process of setting up the 55g as well. then the 20gs become breeders for the snails. oh theres also a 10g in the bathroom and a 5 in the kithen but whos counting right?lol
things that make u go hmmmmmmm......
Old 12-07-2006, 01:47 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I have my new 125G and 20G in the "cats"/computer room, and my 55G in my living room.
Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

Old 12-07-2006, 02:30 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus
No, but in 6mos I will create one for breeding/propagation.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:50 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to WaterPond Send a message via Yahoo to WaterPond
you could say i have two

7 tanks in my room 0.5-10gallons

3 tanks in my basement. 15gal, 20gal, 50gal

and then i have my backyard pond.

Canadian Aquarium Auction!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I live by myself, all of my tanks are in the living room. I also have a sectional and a tv. Does that disqualify it as a fish room.LOL

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com