Do you have a Fish Room?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you now or have you ever had a Fish Room?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not anymore but i used to...

• No, but I WANT ONE!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have talked to some members of my local fish club... many of them are hardcore breeders and have whole rooms in there home dedicated as fish rooms.

I do not, but i think it would be cool to have one. but then again I like haveing tanks here and there around the house and my classroom...:D

how about you?

WE have converted a 10x10 bedroom into a TANK room you could say.. At this time 11 Aquariums running in this room... Most have homemade custom stands with canopys that my husband made.. In my Tank Room are: 4 - 55 gal,, 2 - 75 gal, 3 - 29 gal, 1 - 15gal, 1- 20 gal.. the smaller tanks hold fry/others.. I have a combo of south/central American, and Africans from lake Malawi mostly mbunas.. And one of my 55 is holding my fancy goldfish for the winter.. YEA they are spoiled... Their is a 125 gal African Mbuna tank in the main room...

All this started with to many MIDAS JUVIES.. MOM and DAD Midas are in a 75 gal..

Having both of my tanks in the family room has led me to begin plans for my boys room when they leave the nest. According to the size of this room, I could get upwards of 12 tanks in it, including a 125 to a couple 40 breeders. (y)

*If my wife sees this, I'm in a world of trouble* LOL!

I don't have a "fish room" but all my tanks are in the same area. I am a college student who lives at home with 3 tanks, and my room is in the basement (finished part). I have my 55g planted tank in my room, and right outside my bedroom is a living area where we have some sofas and a tv....and my other 2 tanks. When I set up my 38g, it will also be in this living room as well as any more tanks I get. Hopefully I don't have MTS too bad because I have to remember that I'll have to move all of these out eventually. :)

I do plan to have a fish room when I get my own house. One of my must haves for a house is a big finished basement area where I'll have my current tanks, plus anymore I decide to add. I'll have them lining the walls!

Funny stuff JChillin.

I've got no plans for a fish room right now. I have two tanks in the office at the moment. I don't think my wife would be all that happy with me taking over the spare bedroom for fish tanks either.

yeah my room is the fish room, lol. i have a 15g and 2 20g, i am in the process of setting up the 55g as well. then the 20gs become breeders for the snails. oh theres also a 10g in the bathroom and a 5 in the kithen but whos counting right?lol

I have my new 125G and 20G in the "cats"/computer room, and my 55G in my living room.

I live by myself, all of my tanks are in the living room. I also have a sectional and a tv. Does that disqualify it as a fish room.LOL

My fish room is coming up, I am moving in Jan and have designated not one, but 2 rooms for tanks! I am not made of money, and rarely spend any money on myself. Time to start a little bit! Going to set up a variety of smaller tanks, 10 to 40 gallons max. Want to try lots of new plants and do lots of different scapes. Also want to experiment with different tank conditions, light levels, C02 and non C02, substrates, etc.. Hopefully I can get a couple of really special tanks happening. Lots to learn!

While I live at home (cause it's free!) my fish room is my bedroom, with all my tanks but 1 in there. I have one in an office downstairs, but...mainly I have my room that houses my 6 tanks. One day when I get a house of my own, I will demand a fish room. :)

I don't have a fish room, but I have tanks all over the house. I have a 10 gallon in the kitchen, a 45 gallon in my bedroom, a 55 gallon in the spare bedroom that will be moving into the bedroom relatively soon, a 29 gallon in the living room, and another 55 gallon in the living room. In fact, I just tore down my 20 gallon tonight to put it up. As soon as I can afford a 90 gallon RR, I will start my reef tank in the living room as well.

Not Yet, I still plan on having a room just dedicated to my little saltwater friends, but got a little more work to do first.

Well, in a way I got a fish room. In my 2 bedroom flat, I got one for me and another I use for a study/gym/ rec room. It has 3 tanks on one side- 1 20g, 1 10g, and 1 5.5g- with my desk and weight equipment on the opposite side. Its rather nice- the water flowing into the tanks is quite soothing during study hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom