do you like fake decorations in your tank or do you like natural decorations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you prefer fake decorations in your tank or do you like natural decorations

• natural

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • fake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • whatever looks nice :)

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Natural, I do not like the look of bright or multi-colored gravel or fake plants, bridges, and all of that stuff, well unless its a kids tank.

Natural, I do not like the look of bright or multi-colored gravel or fake plants, bridges, and all of that stuff, well unless its a kids tank.

Right with ya on that one. All natural, even find some of my own DW and rocks at the lake. No crazy gravel and neon colored plants.

I like natural decorations but some man made one looks cool. Some of my fish ether dig plants up or eat em :(

I have a mix. Real rocks, driftwood, but plants and decor is fake. I don't want the added effort of maintaining my plants and having to have the light on for 8 hours a day. Electricity is expensive in Australia!!!

When I was a kid I wanted clown puke gravel in every tank I had along with those plastic bubble ships and treasure chests. Now it is all natural in both fresh and saltwater tanks makes me wonder what I was thinking back then lol.

Natural....only got one unnatural thing....my giant 'rock/tunnel' they love swimming through it and I haven't seen anything natural that I like which I think my fish will like!......oh, and my gravel is extremely bright colours! Look pretty!

I can't answer... Never had real plants in my tanks. They are not really available. But I have seen tanks with both, and love both :p

All my tanks, except one, are natural looking with real wood and plants. I think it looks better than a multi colored plastic but of junk. But that's just personal preference. I have plastic plants and fake decor for my QT because they are easy to disinfect and provide cover for the fish. I have to admit I am looking for a buddha statue for my Goldfish tank though.

For FW/BW tanks, I use silk plants (amazon swords and hygrophila) and realistic looking driftwood. These silks plants are amazing because they move just like real plants and look more realistic than plastic. I never worry about tannins, lights being left on or not, pieces of plants messing up my power filter intake, etc.

BW tanks are better off with all fake decor (except for real rocks). Very few plants can live in BW and driftwood will slowly rot.

SW tanks I am willing to use very few fake decor.

edit: I didn't mean rot, but deteriorate.

Back
Top Bottom