Do you love your fish THIS much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ferret said:
I bet the fish faked it, just to make the old man kiss it :)

Sounds like a pretty desperate koi.

:wink: I don' think the mouth to mouth portion woulda helped a gilled animal too much hehe!!!

I don't think I'd go that far anyway. Maybe a little heart massage and wave a pungent algae wafer under the fish nose instead.

Leo Vanaert was nervous about posing for this picture without his prized koi, which is recovering and is in stable condition.
lips.jpg

24" Koi are very expensive! Around here they are the equivelant of about $500!!

So pucker up, FishFreek! LOLOL

Ok. I'm confused. How the hell does one resuscitate a fish by blowing air into their mouths?? Especially koi, who do not take O2 from the air at all so far as I know. If they could take in O2 by air, they'd have wandered out of the water a while ago. Anyone I've known who actually revived a fish did so by moving them IN water to get the water to flow over their gills...

Sorry, I kinda think this one is a crock. The fish probably was stunned, and the stress of being manhandled was prob enough to shock it back to consciousness. I really doubt mouth to mouth was what saved this fish.

Just MHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom