do you talk to your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I definitely talk to mine. Especially the puffers. Occasionally it is along the lines of how they had better not bite me while I have my hands in the tank. They have sharp teeth! My boyfriend recently found this out firsthand when he decided to trail his finger in the water before I fed them. Served him right, lol.

I talk to all my fish! Especially my betta my husband thinks I'm strange lol it's the first thing I do in the morning as his tank is in my room :)

I definitely talk to mine as well.

Most of the comments here I have done. Like telling male pearl gourami to stop bullying the female during feeding time, telling them how cute and beautiful they are, how are they doing, and if they behave. :)

Sometimes when I say 'I have to feed the kids', my little 6-yr old will say, "Mommy, they are not your kids, they are fish". :ROFLMAO:

When I saw by first guppy about to give birth, I was like a mommy, sitting beside the tank, saying "Everything is going to be alright sweetie"! :whistle: I might be crazy already.

Lol! I mostly curse my cichlids and tell them how fat and dumb they act when I attempt to feed my catfish and pleco. They are such pigs and it drives me soooo crazy that they don't let anybody but themselves eat.

I do try to coax them into spawning at times lol I promise them a treat. Never works though -.-

Why yes I do. My one female Betta comes up to the top & looks me in the eye, she loves to be talked to, the other 2 just want to be fed. I'm convinced they are piglets disguised as fish. One of my males will do the happy fish dance when I talk to him, cracks me.

I talk to my fish yep.the normal cute lil babies, fat lil muffin, how are you feeling today, are you just so hungry, you are so pretty
i talk to my dogs, come on to momma, how is your day, oh look at you, what a good baby, etc
I talk to my horses, my what pretty girls, oh you love momma, what a good or bad (depending on the day and horse) girl you are. behave yourself, etc
I actually probably talk to the animals more then the people around me. It is certainly an illness:>/

I yell at my fish when they misbehave or when they try to bite me. Lol. Other than that I call em my little piggies and feed them. They all have names so they get addressed accordingly at times as well. Lol

I said bye to all the sw fish before we left for a short trip lol. I think Tomato the FlameHawk might be angry at me though..i fprgot to say bye lol

My son says nite nite to each individual fish. Lol! He always talks to his betta named Hun, idk what he says to him but the jibberish sounds really enthusiastic!

absolutangel04 said:
Well, he is so dang cute that I think I talk to him every time I see his videos! :hide:

Same!!! I can just imagine...

"hello wittle porkyyyy" hahahah

Back
Top Bottom