Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome question.

CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I definitely talk to mine. Especially the puffers. Occasionally it is along the lines of how they had better not bite me while I have my hands in the tank. They have sharp teeth! My boyfriend recently found this out firsthand when he decided to trail his finger in the water before I fed them. Served him right, lol.

Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist
When my tetras bother the barbs i yell at them to stop being mean
Alfredoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #24
Elephant nose Finatic!

I talk to all my fish! Especially my betta my husband thinks I'm strange lol it's the first thing I do in the morning as his tank is in my room
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #25
Planted Tank Addict

Send a message via MSN to daileene Send a message via Yahoo to daileene Send a message via Skype™ to daileene
I definitely talk to mine as well.

Most of the comments here I have done. Like telling male pearl gourami to stop bullying the female during feeding time, telling them how cute and beautiful they are, how are they doing, and if they behave.

Sometimes when I say 'I have to feed the kids', my little 6-yr old will say, "Mommy, they are not your kids, they are fish".

When I saw by first guppy about to give birth, I was like a mommy, sitting beside the tank, saying "Everything is going to be alright sweetie"! I might be crazy already.

5G Planted|10G Planted|10G Planted #2|10G Paludarium #3|20G Long Planted|20G Long Planted#2
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous." (1 Cor. 13:4a)
daileene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict
I refer to my fish as my babies! I talk to them about if they are happy with the tank!
Samzter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Lol! I mostly curse my cichlids and tell them how fat and dumb they act when I attempt to feed my catfish and pleco. They are such pigs and it drives me soooo crazy that they don't let anybody but themselves eat.

I do try to coax them into spawning at times lol I promise them a treat. Never works though -.-
"Be exactly who you want to be, do what you want to do! I am he and she is she, but, you're the only YOU!"
christine2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict
Why yes I do. My one female Betta comes up to the top & looks me in the eye, she loves to be talked to, the other 2 just want to be fed. I'm convinced they are piglets disguised as fish. One of my males will do the happy fish dance when I talk to him, cracks me.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Regular
I talk to my fish yep.the normal cute lil babies, fat lil muffin, how are you feeling today, are you just so hungry, you are so pretty
i talk to my dogs, come on to momma, how is your day, oh look at you, what a good baby, etc
I talk to my horses, my what pretty girls, oh you love momma, what a good or bad (depending on the day and horse) girl you are. behave yourself, etc
I actually probably talk to the animals more then the people around me. It is certainly an illness:>/
lorihallfrisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
I yell at my fish when they misbehave or when they try to bite me. Lol. Other than that I call em my little piggies and feed them. They all have names so they get addressed accordingly at times as well. Lol

Jlsardina is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com