do you talk to your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I talk to my fish lol, I talk to the babies tell them how much they have grown and how pretty they are gonna be when they grow up,I talk to my cichlids all the time not always nice depends on what mess has been made of their tank. I talk to my beta and he always opens his fins way out as if posing because I tell him how handsome he is.
I just had a long talk with my new puffers, I ordered dwarf pea puffers and I got green spotted puffers so we have been talking about what to do with their tank lol funny thing is they all 3 came to the front of the tank as if they knew exactly what I was telling them, or maybe they were silently laughing at me. They are just so cute.lol

I always talk to my fish. I even gave one of my friends a play-by-play on what it would be like if they had a sitcom based on their personalities. I don't see any difference in talking to a fish vs talking to a cat. Even talking to plants has been proven to stimulate their growth!

Every time I leave, I tell them, "Alright boys, hold down the fort while I'm gone!"

Nimo said:
Yes I talk to my fish lol, I talk to the babies tell them how much they have grown and how pretty they are gonna be when they grow up,I talk to my cichlids all the time not always nice depends on what mess has been made of their tank. I talk to my beta and he always opens his fins way out as if posing because I tell him how handsome he is.
I just had a long talk with my new puffers, I ordered dwarf pea puffers and I got green spotted puffers so we have been talking about what to do with their tank lol funny thing is they all 3 came to the front of the tank as if they knew exactly what I was telling them, or maybe they were silently laughing at me. They are just so cute.lol

'puffer conversation' here comes the crazy person. Lol

Nimo said:
I never said I had all my scruples lmao. Call me crazy I love my fish!

I talk to my puffer too. Tell him he thinks he's so big and vicious when really he's just a little bug!

Nimo said:
What kind of puffer do you have?

I also have a green spot, but only one. He is currently in his own 20g even though he's only about an inch long!

Pfffft, you guys are normal. I just started cycling my first 55 gallon talk and I talk to the ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. Even whisper sweet nothings to the ph, in depth conversations, begging the bio wheels to start housing bb.

ktulu909 said:
Pfffft, you guys are normal. I just started cycling my first 55 gallon talk and I talk to the ammonia, nitrates and nitrites. Even whisper sweet nothings to the ph, in depth conversations, begging the bio wheels to start housing bb.

Lmao! That's great! Has it responded yet?

I always talk to mine, every time I walk past the tank they go mad and I seem to talk to them like they're children. Strange I know but they love it and wriggle around like crazy every time I do, so it keeps us both content I guess

ktulu909 said:

Lmao! Been there. Begging the ammonia to convert to nitrites then begging the nitrites to convert to nitrates. Along with telling the bio wheel it really needs to get a move on. Lol

I talk to all them at times, but talk to the cleaner shrimp (Jacques) most. He likes to jump on people's hands and arms when they are placed to to tank. I'm not a huge fan of the way that feels, so when I reach in to do something and he starts staring my hand and moving towards me, I say "stay off me Jacques" over and over. He actually listens and does stay off a lot of times! Lol

I just got into a fight with one of my Mbuna's. Yeah... Were not talking right now! I don't us resolving anything soon either! My tank my rules! He just doesn't understand. I told him if he thinks the water is clearer on the other side go ahead and find out! Just don't come back crying to me when it's not!

Finned friends my....

Back
Top Bottom