do you talk to your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smomus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Another member commented in another thread that she had a conversation with one of her fish. My daughter laughs at me cuz I talk to mine. Some are "my babies" some are "little buddies" others are just "my friend". Usually I tell them how pretty they are or ask if they are hungry. If I've been gone I ask how their day was and if they behaved.

So do you talk to your fish (or plants or whatever)? And what do you say?

I most definitely talk to my fish...... but I'm sure not going to tell you what I say...... :D

LyndaB said:
I most definitely talk to my fish...... but I'm sure not going to tell you what I say...... :D

Haha LyndaB you were the one I was referring to in another thread! Your conversation with your blood parrot about bring in charge of the aquascaping.

Oh, that was only TODAY's conversation, it changes daily...... sometimes I smooch him up and tell him that all the girl parrots must love him because he's so incredibly handsome...... and he fins out for me, like he's Mr Studmuffin. :brows:

LyndaB said:
Oh, that was only TODAY's conversation, it changes daily...... sometimes I smooch him up and tell him that all the girl parrots must love him because he's so incredibly handsome...... and he fins out for me, like he's Mr Studmuffin. :brows:

Haha too cute! Such personalities fish have :-D

LyndaB said:

that is so awesome! and very cute

Shhh the people outside the fish world don't need to know about us :D

of course i do! haha i ask them stuff and tell them stuff

... And I just got finished telling Jitterbug (Betta in my profile picture) "You're just the most handsomest boy ever, aren't you?? Yesssss you are! You're so gorgeous now you're outta that cup, aren't you?" ...
(I've only had him 1 wk & he's showing BRIGHT colors very quickly!)

-- As he fluttered and danced wiggling all around for me...

I quickly looked around for anyone within ear shot!

ocminpin said:
... And I just got finished telling Jitterbug (Betta in my profile picture) "You're just the most handsomest boy ever, aren't you?? Yesssss you are! You're so gorgeous now you're outta that cup, aren't you?" ...
(I've only had him 1 wk & he's showing BRIGHT colors very quickly!)

-- As he fluttered and danced wiggling all around for me...

I quickly looked around for anyone within ear shot!

Haha my boyfriend make fun of me for talking to the fish... but I catch him doing it from time to time "go little speedo go, you can do it, go" referring to the albino cories doing laps across the front of my tank :)

When I am doing a water change

I saw dont nip me please dont otherwise you wont be getting a treat! ;rofl;

Oh yeah, I've got the visual on that one...... :ROFLMAO:

When I get home I say Hi piggies(my female guinea pigs Sugarpuff and Bubbles), and Hi Fishies! I also tell my little brats/ guppies to be good lol

Bahahahaha great topic, and YES... I talk to them. Often..

My RD is a jerk so usually I'm cussing him out for biting me and messing his tank up.

Bichir I just tell him how fat and messy he is getting.

Grammode again... Fat and messy and remind him at how he is by far the most expensive fish I have ever owned due to the fact he killed off the other 3 gram's I bought with him.

Side note, a night out at the bar I come home flick the switch for the light and apologize for waking Em up but I need to see where I'm going! (you know nights like tonight!) ;)

Aski247 said:
Bahahahaha great topic, and YES... I talk to them. Often..

My RD is a jerk so usually I'm cussing him out for biting me and messing his tank up.

Bichir I just tell him how fat and messy he is getting.

Grammode again... Fat and messy and remind him at how he is by far the most expensive fish I have ever owned due to the fact he killed off the other 3 gram's I bought with him.

Side note, a night out at the bar I come home flick the switch for the light and apologize for waking Em up but I need to see where I'm going! (you know nights like tonight!) ;)

Thats awesome lol

Back
Top Bottom