Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
This cat will get very insistent when she meow back, and we just tell her to learn English because we don't speak cat. Then she will usually go flop down on the floor and stare at us for a while. Hehe... Mowi... That's funny.
__________________

__________________
Alyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post
This cat will get very insistent when she meow back, and we just tell her to learn English because we don't speak cat. Then she will usually go flop down on the floor and stare at us for a while. Hehe... Mowi... That's funny.
My cat fluffy always responds to her name, like she is saying "what?"
__________________

__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Fishlover3578's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 841
I have. Female guppy I call beast after she murdered a feeder endler guppy male half her size trying to eat him . Lol I talk to all my fish and name all 7 Betta fis and named a few of my guppy . I talk to myself all the time lol
__________________
Fishlover3578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover3578 View Post
I have. Female guppy I call beast after she murdered a feeder endler guppy male half her size trying to eat him . Lol I talk to all my fish and name all 7 Betta fis and named a few of my guppy . I talk to myself all the time lol
I named my bettas, corys, shrimp, and a couple tetra (easily distinguishable)
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelG View Post
I talk to my fishes sometimes. Not that I think they understand me, It's more like I'm thinking out loud to myself, but directing the words at them. I often don't have any people around to talk to, so speaking "to" the fish is kinda comforting. I used to talk like that to my cat, before he died last year.
I do the same I thought it was pretty normal tool I started reading this xD
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Demonknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wa., USA
Posts: 399
well I now believe fish understand (although like cats they may not listen)..last night I threatened my female guppies that they either had babies or I was putting the male back in with them this morning (its been over a month and we were thinking we were just feeding them and making them fat, not preggers)...so far I count 5 new guppies LOL
__________________
Demonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonknight View Post
well I now believe fish understand (although like cats they may not listen)..last night I threatened my female guppies that they either had babies or I was putting the male back in with them this morning (its been over a month and we were thinking we were just feeding them and making them fat, not preggers)...so far I count 5 new guppies LOL
Lol nice congrats
__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Clownfishlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 212
I talk to my fish all the time sometimes they act like they know what I'm telling them
__________________
Clownfishlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Krissycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Kailua Kona, Hawaii
Posts: 1,043
Realization, I do talk to fish… quarantined fish.

Just caught myself asking the angelfish, "What's wrong with you?!?!" lol
__________________
Krissycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Whiteout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissycakes View Post
Realization, I do talk to fish… quarantined fish.

Just caught myself asking the angelfish, "What's wrong with you?!?!" lol
Gotta atleast try and Get a answer
__________________

__________________
Whiteout is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.