Do you use a Blackberry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Two weeks ago, my department issued Blackberry's. This was announced as a cost reduction initative as the Blackberry would replace our pagers and cell phones, which of course we have to utilize 24/7. The added benefit was that it was connected to our email boxes, which will allow us to get our emails when we are "out of the Office".

This thing is completely awkward. It is far too big and is very uncomfortable, especially when you have to tote it around when not at work.

The other annoying thing is...due to my profession, I get a ton of emails. Not just during business hours...all the time. I get emails from colleagues all over the globe. The darn thing is constantly begging for attention and I have to look in the event it is something important. Arrggghhh... 8O

Okay, I've vented. Thanks for understanding.

I have one as well. You do get used to it but does get addictive when those emails come buzzing in. I know what you mean you just have to look. Drives my wife crazy.

My dad got one from his company and at first he hated it. He still used his cell phone and rarely touched it, but after a while he got used to it and now he loves it.

I believe, skeptic that I am, that devices like that are eroding the thread of our society. Being constantly connected comes at a high price, usually in the form of anger and resentment from those closest to you. As a wise person once said, no one on their deathbed wishes they had spent more time at the office. I think that work should balance and serve a person's life, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom