Does anyone else feel satisfied when doing a water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bud29 said:
I feel good giving my fish clean water, but I don't do random water changes like you do :lol: I have a purpose for each change........

OP does have a purpose for the water changes. Pure... Pure... Ecstasy!!

I love doing water changes like you I look forward to my WC day ;). I actually set up a 75g African and a 5gal betta tank at my moms. A 54 gallon and a 29g at my brothers. And I have a 54g, 29g BioCube and a 10g at home. Plus the 125g I set up at my moms restaurant.

Tis happiness!!!

I love water changes too! My platies are very messy and always get their droppings on my anubias, so I love watching the anubias get clean again. Although my fish hate me for it lol

It's not always my favorite activity to do... but the feeling afterwards knowing that all your tanks are clean is the best feeling!

Bobjoefredsky said:
you know it!

Haha just did mine, actually wasn't paying attention and did more like a 65-70% water change. Added all new polishing pads too!!!

I feel so so good!! Haha!!!

hahahahha you guys are so funny...my 55g has been deemed cycled today...yippeee...I did fish-in....just wanted to know what is the weekly PWC percentage I should do?

Geronica said:
hahahahha you guys are so funny...my 55g has been deemed cycled today...yippeee...I did fish-in....just wanted to know what is the weekly PWC percentage I should do?

IMO 20-25% is a good start. See how that works for you. My 75 gallon African tank needs 50% weekly's.

Geronica said:

Every weekend I do 45-50% with a siphon
Sometimes when I'm bored I dump out some old water and replace it with new one because I love scooping out water knowing its dirty then releasing fresh clean water into the tank and its also blissful because my fish come up to the top and they get purified by magnificent holy new water that god has praised my fish tank with

Sometimes when I'm bored I dump out some old water and replace it with new one because I love scooping out water knowing its dirty then releasing fresh clean water into the tank and its also blissful because my fish come up to the top and they get purified by magnificent holy new water that god has praised my fish tank with

lol...you guys are making this so fun and funny for me...awesome thanks for the advice...I will do 50% PWC especially since i have DW that may leech tannins at some point and I do not want to see tea looking water so that will be my approach....will it be okay for my anacharis plants?

I just did a 50% water change about an hour ago......I am trying to get my aquarium salt level back to being really low so I can put my inverts back in to the tank. I have gone from 6 tablespoons in the tank to 1.5, so I am definitely making progress.

My water change schedule is 2-3 50% water changes per week, but that is because I have high nitrate readings from my tap water so I need to frequently change the water to make sure the 'trates don't get way too high.

IMO 20-25% is a good start. See how that works for you. My 75 gallon African tank needs 50% weekly's.

heheheh since I do have a syphon I will do 50% weekly....coming from doing large ones in the past 2 weeks...doing it once a week is lovely...especially since I am on tank number 2..hehheheheh...addict......on a fishless 40B:dance: oh and I have a 20h waiting for attention....gotta love the addiction

bud29 said:
I just did a 50% water change about an hour ago......I am trying to get my aquarium salt level back to being really low so I can put my inverts back in to the tank. I have gone from 6 tablespoons in the tank to 1.5, so I am definitely making progress.

My water change schedule is 2-3 50% water changes per week, but that is because I have high nitrate readings from my tap water so I need to frequently change the water to make sure the 'trates don't get way too high.

I believe 20-25ppm is the safe range is it not

Public question but how does aquarium salt benefit a tank besides hurting diseases?

Bobjoefredsky said:
Public question but how does aquarium salt benefit a tank besides hurting diseases?

IMO salt isn't needed at all unless you have brackish or saltwater fish. I used salt once to help treat columnaris along with lower temps.

Bobjoefredsky said:

Blissful, they get purified by magnificent holy water, god has praised your fish tank.

I must say you love your water changes!!

It doesn't really have any benefit. During a cycle salt can be used to lower the affects of the nitrites and ammonia on the fish, and can be used to treat diseases like ich and fin rot.

Back
Top Bottom