Does anyone else feel satisfied when doing a water change?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bettafanatic said:
It doesn't really have any benefit. During a cycle salt can be used to lower the affects of the nitrites and ammonia on the fish, and can be used to treat diseases like ich and fin rot.

Yeah that's what I heard earlier. I guess nitrifying bacteria is better for cycling stuff

I believe 20-25ppm is the safe range is it not

Under 40 is really the safe range, less than 20 is better though. That is impossible for me though, with ~30 ppm of nitrates from my tap.

Public question but how does aquarium salt benefit a tank besides hurting diseases?

Besides treating ich, aquarium salt is almost useless. I am writing an article on this very thing. Some people swear by it, but there is no scientific evidence to back up their claims.

bud29 said:
Under 40 is really the safe range, less than 20 is better though. That is impossible for me though, with ~30 ppm of nitrates from my tap.

Besides treating ich, aquarium salt is almost useless. I am writing an article on this very thing. Some people swear by it, but there is no scientific evidence to back up their claims.

I heard from someone that they get rid of snails is that true

Back
Top Bottom