Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronica
hahahahha you guys are so funny...my 55g has been deemed cycled today...yippeee...I did fish-in....just wanted to know what is the weekly PWC percentage I should do?
IMO 20-25% is a good start. See how that works for you. My 75 gallon African tank needs 50% weekly's.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronica
hahahahha you guys are so funny...my 55g has been deemed cycled today...yippeee...I did fish-in....just wanted to know what is the weekly PWC percentage I should do?
Every weekend I do 45-50% with a siphon
Sometimes when I'm bored I dump out some old water and replace it with new one because I love scooping out water knowing its dirty then releasing fresh clean water into the tank and its also blissful because my fish come up to the top and they get purified by magnificent holy new water that god has praised my fish tank with

Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjoefredsky View Post
Sometimes when I'm bored I dump out some old water and replace it with new one because I love scooping out water knowing its dirty then releasing fresh clean water into the tank and its also blissful because my fish come up to the top and they get purified by magnificent holy new water that god has praised my fish tank with
lol...you guys are making this so fun and funny for me...awesome thanks for the advice...I will do 50% PWC especially since i have DW that may leech tannins at some point and I do not want to see tea looking water so that will be my approach....will it be okay for my anacharis plants?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
I just did a 50% water change about an hour ago......I am trying to get my aquarium salt level back to being really low so I can put my inverts back in to the tank. I have gone from 6 tablespoons in the tank to 1.5, so I am definitely making progress.

My water change schedule is 2-3 50% water changes per week, but that is because I have high nitrate readings from my tap water so I need to frequently change the water to make sure the 'trates don't get way too high.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
IMO 20-25% is a good start. See how that works for you. My 75 gallon African tank needs 50% weekly's.
heheheh since I do have a syphon I will do 50% weekly....coming from doing large ones in the past 2 weeks...doing it once a week is lovely...especially since I am on tank number 2..hehheheheh...addict......on a fishless 40B oh and I have a 20h waiting for attention....gotta love the addiction
Old 10-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud29
I just did a 50% water change about an hour ago......I am trying to get my aquarium salt level back to being really low so I can put my inverts back in to the tank. I have gone from 6 tablespoons in the tank to 1.5, so I am definitely making progress.

My water change schedule is 2-3 50% water changes per week, but that is because I have high nitrate readings from my tap water so I need to frequently change the water to make sure the 'trates don't get way too high.
I believe 20-25ppm is the safe range is it not
Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Public question but how does aquarium salt benefit a tank besides hurting diseases?
Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjoefredsky
Public question but how does aquarium salt benefit a tank besides hurting diseases?
IMO salt isn't needed at all unless you have brackish or saltwater fish. I used salt once to help treat columnaris along with lower temps.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 10-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjoefredsky

Blissful, they get purified by magnificent holy water, god has praised your fish tank.

I must say you love your water changes!!

Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobjoefredsky View Post
It doesn't really have any benefit. During a cycle salt can be used to lower the affects of the nitrites and ammonia on the fish, and can be used to treat diseases like ich and fin rot.

Tags
change, eel, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com