Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to SuomiBetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon14 View Post

I agree, how it works for tanks would be awesome!! There's plenty of shows on how it works for other things, why not on aquariums?
Get Morgan Freeman to narrate it and thousands would watch it! (I don't need Mr. Freeman, I'd watch because...I'm a nerd!)

Old 10-11-2014, 10:42 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiBetta View Post
Get Morgan Freeman to narrate it and thousands would watch it! (I don't need Mr. Freeman, I'd watch because...I'm a nerd!)
Fantastic idea! :P

Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Fantastic idea! :P
Nothing is boring when he narrates it! (I was named after him )
Old 10-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Nothing is boring when he narrates it! (I was named after him )
That is so true!!!

Oh that's awesome
Old 10-11-2014, 10:56 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
That is so true!!!

Oh that's awesome
I'm pretty sure March of the Penguins won an Oscar because of him XD
Old 10-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to sinibotia
I would so volunteer for that show to show off the setups for the lab I work in and the aquaculture research center on campus. It's not like I'd get in trouble for showing off the "bio-hazard" setups in the disease lab...
Old 10-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibotia View Post
I would so volunteer for that show to show off the setups for the lab I work in and the aquaculture research center on campus. It's not like I'd get in trouble for showing off the "bio-hazard" setups in the disease lab...
Awesome! I feel kinda left out. I work in my school's Biology labs and we have two HUGE goldfish in a ten gallon. But Watson and Franklin (the goldfish) are happy and healthy and they have fresh grown macroalgae to munch on.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Awesome! I feel kinda left out. I work in my school's Biology labs and we have two HUGE goldfish in a ten gallon. But Watson and Franklin (the goldfish) are happy and healthy and they have fresh grown macroalgae to munch on.
I'm lucky enough to go to a school with a very good and very underrated marine science program, and a broad spectrum of marine science to boot (physical and chemical oceanography, biological oceanography and marine biology, marine policy, and aquaculture). I gravitate towards aquaculture because I've been keeping fish for so long. We've got some pretty crazy systems, including a massive (500g+?) saltwater reef display tank, a room filled wall to wall with 3 gallon betta fish tanks, an 18-tank flowthrough system that housed rainbow trout for a while, seahorse breeding setups, abalone setups, atlantic salmon setups, etc.... And a work-in-progress discus setup for my undergraduate honors thesis!

Hell, you could probably do a cool mini series just on each of those setups.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:30 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinibotia View Post
I'm lucky enough to go to a school with a very good and very underrated marine science program, and a broad spectrum of marine science to boot (physical and chemical oceanography, biological oceanography and marine biology, marine policy, and aquaculture). I gravitate towards aquaculture because I've been keeping fish for so long. We've got some pretty crazy systems, including a massive (500g+?) saltwater reef display tank, a room filled wall to wall with 3 gallon betta fish tanks, an 18-tank flowthrough system that housed rainbow trout for a while, seahorse breeding setups, abalone setups, atlantic salmon setups, etc.... And a work-in-progress discus setup for my undergraduate honors thesis!

Hell, you could probably do a cool mini series just on each of those setups.
Well, my jaw just hit the floor. I go to a community college hence just two goldfish (who are such begs, but very cute when they come up to say hi when we clean the labs). I'm studying Biotechnology and transferring to study Molecular Biology.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Well, my jaw just hit the floor. I go to a community college hence just two goldfish (who are such begs, but very cute when they come up to say hi when we clean the labs). I'm studying Biotechnology and transferring to study Molecular Biology.
In the long run, you'll be better off for it. Marine Science is too narrow a major for an undergrad, and I'm only doing it because I get reduced tuition for it through a NEBHE program. (and because I want to be a research scientist in aquaculture). As it is I'm backing it up with a more "serious" math major and statistics minor.

Molecular biology is awesome and you could easily get into a graduate school for marine bio/aquaculture if you wanted (one with awesome setups like we have here). Actually, a graduate student in the disease lab I work in was a molecular bio major.

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com