Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Does my mystery snail need a calcium supplement?

I just added a mystery snail to my 55 gallon freshwater aquarium. My PH has been at 7.4 for 5 or more years-never fluctuates. The GH has been (6drops)100 ppm, and KH 2-3 drops. I am waiting for a meter to test TDS but itís not here yet. My question is with available information do I need to supplement calcium? Will it raise my ph? Iíve never added snails or shrimp to my tanks before and want to make sure the snails is ok, not changes other perimeters in my take harm my fish, snail, or future bamboo shrimp. My fis have been very healthy and rarely ever loose one. (They will die of old age eventually)

Old 03-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Got any tap readings for kh?

Ones here will do ok but the kh reading looks borderline ok. I added cuttlefish bone which grew algae and that seemed to help. I think you can get supplements over there but itís mainly that kh I would watch. Gh would be fine for ones here. If tap kh and ph are higher, a bigger water change could just boost that naturally. Itís good your tank doesnít drop lower on ph. On mine with CO2 injection they got pitting in the shell and I had to shift them to another tank.

Tags
calcium, mystery, mystery snail, snail, supplement

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com