Does this Canopy look like a coffin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Does the canopy look like a coffin?

• Total voters

InfernoST

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi All
I'm building this canopy for my 120 and my wife turns around and says it looks like a coffin but didn't say that when we test fit it to the tank, it matches the stand perfectly (which we bought with the tank) and didn't call it a coffin. I on the other hand don't think so. Please let me know what you all think. My wife expects to win this one, maybe she will, we'll let you guys be the judge.
CanopyCoffin?.jpgTestFit.jpg

Well, I may not have thought of that until you said it :) but no, I don't think it looks like a coffin. When it's up on the tank and stained to match the stand I think it will look very nice. When it's off the tank maybe a little, but again, I don't think I would have noticed that on my own, and when it's all done I think it will be fine. Even thought you didn't make the stand I think the canopy complements it and both pieces will complement your tank.

I've seen plenty of coffins and even if it did look like one (which I don't think it does), it'd be a very nice coffin. :D

I dont think it looks like a coffin and I wish I was talented enough to build a canopy that nice. Well done!

Not at all, looks very good for DIY.

Coffins have two doors on top not the side. then they got some nice crushed velvet inside with a bag-o-bones that you fill it with.

Well, I may not have thought of that until you said it :) but no, I don't think it looks like a coffin. When it's up on the tank and stained to match the stand I think it will look very nice. When it's off the tank maybe a little, but again, I don't think I would have noticed that on my own, and when it's all done I think it will be fine. Even thought you didn't make the stand I think the canopy complements it and both pieces will complement your tank.
I didn't think of it either, leave it to my wife. Thanks for the kudos.

Not at all, looks very good for DIY.

Coffins have two doors on top not the side. then they got some nice crushed velvet inside with a bag-o-bones that you fill it with.
Thanks man, it's nice know people are your on side. Can I vote on my own poll?

Yep. I think so I dont see why not. Not sure what would make your poll different from any other VB based forums.

the database this forum runs on, its the same as many out there, and you can vote in your own poll's on them.

I think it looks pretty good. I dont have a canopy because I just dont like the look of them but I must say you`s is very nice. You are quite talented in that area.

Back
Top Bottom