Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-23-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think those are his furkids as babies It's amazing how fast they grow!!! Just like our two legged ones....

Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh my bad.... The other ones just showed up... It had been a blank post.... Darn phone....

Old 01-23-2011, 09:48 PM   #13

For the one that wants a hypoallergenic dog, some good choices 4 big dogs are poodles(in NO way froofroo dogs! I have one!) labrodoodles, pourtugese water dogs, and cockapoos. Some small ones are bichon frise, and miniature poodles. But I would go to a shelter and just pick one that doesn't set you off. Cause saving a dogs life is really satisfying, and they do make great pets!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homedog98 View Post
For the one that wants a hypoallergenic dog, some good choices 4 big dogs are poodles(in NO way froofroo dogs! I have one!) labrodoodles, pourtugese water dogs, and cockapoos. Some small ones are bichon frise, and miniature poodles. But I would go to a shelter and just pick one that doesn't set you off. Cause saving a dogs life is really satisfying, and they do make great pets!
Thanks. I have already been checking out shelters (while wearing a mask, haha), but all those dogs are kind of small/not what I am wanting. I'm really outdoors-y and I inherited a few acre farm along with the fact I'm in the mountains all the time. Would prefer something that wouldn't get lost in the brush or a turkey vulture would pick him up.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Standard poodles are awesome dogs for the outdoors. They were actually retrievers.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

labrodoodles are big dog as well they are a mix between a poodle and a lab. They don't shed do to the poodle side and are said to be very smart.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh wow. I didn't know they get that big! I thought poodles were just tiny. Well, whatever the shelter has that won't knock me into a coma!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 PM   #18

O no trust me. If it's mixed with a standard poodle, it's gonna give that turkey vulture a run for it's money! And any thing mixed with a poodle is almost certain not to shed. But remember that a dog with hair (such as a poodle) has to be taken to the groomer to get trimmed. And don't give up on animal shelters! About a fourth of the dogs in animal shelters are purebreds. You just have to no what you're looking for!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow. Didn't know that there were that many purebreds out there. Thank you so much! Sorry to steal the thread!
Old 01-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is my cute little puppy

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com