Dollar per gallon sale is on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys have it easy. Convincing your parents is next to impossible. Took me 2 months to convince my mom (dad think its cool so he's easy) to let me have my second tank. A 25g. All I have besides that one is a 2 gal shrimp tank.

It took me 6 months to convince my mom I should have a 10 gallon and then another 6 to convince her I should have a 36 lol. And she didnt even have to buy them. The looks I get when I start talking about heaters, substrate, and filters is hysterical. I'm pretty sure I'm adopted

It took me 6 months to convince my mom I should have a 10 gallon and then another 6 to convince her I should have a 36 lol. And she didnt even have to buy them. The looks I get when I start talking about heaters, substrate, and filters is hysterical. I'm pretty sure I'm adopted

My mom said 'no' when I talked about getting another tank(10g). We were on our way to petsmart to get some more plants and stopped at a garage sale, our hobby in the warm months. I seen a tank with hood and filter sitting on the rock wall. I did a quick appraisal in my head and went back to the car, I didn't say a word to her because I was sure she would've said no. She comes back the car and says 'go give them $10 for the tank on the wall.' SCORE!!

My mom said 'no' when I talked about getting another tank(10g). We were on our way to petsmart to get some more plants and stopped at a garage sale, our hobby in the warm months. I seen a tank with hood and filter sitting on the rock wall. I did a quick appraisal in my head and went back to the car, I didn't say a word to her because I was sure she would've said no. She comes back the car and says 'go give them $10 for the tank on the wall.' SCORE!!

Haha great job. Love it

im thinking about going to pick up a 55g, but ill need a stand. Can petco order an aqueon stand for me? Its about the only decent one i can find that isnt $400+ but i cant hardly find it for sale anywhere

im thinking about going to pick up a 55g, but ill need a stand. Can petco order an aqueon stand for me? Its about the only decent one i can find that isnt $400+ but i cant hardly find it for sale anywhere

They'll special order stuff for you. Might take a week or 2 to get it. They special ordered my corner tank/stand for me.

My wife got me a pretty good stand from Petsmart, that was like 150 I think. I had to put it together, but it works well.

If you had some very basic carpentry skills, a few basic tools, and the time, you can make a stand for super cheap that 5X better than anything at the store.

If you had some very basic carpentry skills, a few basic tools, and the time, you can make a stand for super cheap that 5X better than anything at the store.

+1 to this. I don't care for/trust most of the stands sold for tanks. The majority of them use cheap particle board and the tops aren't water resistant and have you seen the prices for just the stand!?! I prefer a low(a bit taller than waist high), solid wood, desk or dresser. Here is what I have my 29 on. Plenty of storage and I have a black foam-ish mat under the tank itself.

Attachments

• image-390016896.jpg
    image-390016896.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 67
Go Back! Go Back! Go Back!

When there is a dpg sale after march and I have my birthday money, I'm going to go buy 1 55, 1 37, 2or3 10s and 3or4 5s. I can't wait till I'm out of the house, done with college, because my boyfriend says he doesnt mind haveing a bunch of fish tanks around as long as I dont mind having snowmobiles and dirtbikes around lol. It will be nice to not have parents saying two tanks is to many! :lol:

The 5s, unfortunately, are never part of this sale. They're still full price at ~$16.

The 5s, unfortunately, are never part of this sale. They're still full price at ~$16.

Yeah, just found that out yesterday while we were there getting a few things. I am still trying to decide if it will be cheaper to buy the 5s, or to buy tens, dividers, but only need one light fixture.

10s for sure. Just get some plastic canvas sold in craft stores and Walmart for like 40 cents a sheet and some report cover slide clips(or something like that) from office supply stores. Cut the canvas to fit then slide the clips on the front and back edge and wedge it in there. Use some silicone to glue these to the glass if necessary. Your per divider cost with this method should be under a dollar, compared to $7+ for those premade dividers.

What I did is buy some 20 longs and 10s to divide for my Bettas. I'm setting each 20L inline with a 10 and the length comes out to ~50", so I can use 48" shop lights over this setup. Gonna buy some $18 shop lights from Lowe's with $8/pair GE 6500k T8 bulbs and boom, cheapest aquarium lighting solution I've seen yet and I'll be able to grow plants under that no problem.

I did it! just got the 55gal with the aqueon classic pine stand for 230 out the door! I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow but ill be prepping it for a fish less cycle as soo as I return!!! I'm excited!! can you tell? lol

Back
Top Bottom