Dollar per gallon sale is on!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The aqueon 29G and 55G kits are also on sale at my Petco. $105 for the 29 and $180 for the 55. They come with everything and are way cheaper than piecing it all together for a basic aquarium. If youre gonna go canister filter or different lighting you are better off piecing it out.

So just got home from petco went to get food and stress coat came home with a 55g, 40b and another 10g dang dollar per gallon sales get me every time haha girlfriend is gonna kill me. Guess I will have to let her setup one

So just got home from petco went to get food and stress coat came home with a 55g, 40b and another 10g dang dollar per gallon sales get me every time haha girlfriend is gonna kill me. Guess I will have to let her setup one

Stash them in the garage.

I had the same dilemma this summer. Girlfriend says " I don't know why I'm telling you this but Petco has tanks for a $1/gl." I already know this, but don't say anything.

Next day I go and get a 55G to replace my 40, and got a stand off CL for free that was pretty nice.

She wants to go out to the garage and I start to panic a bit. She asks "did you get another tank?"

I said " I might have, but since you told me about the $1/gl sale at petco this summer I hold you responsible for facilitating my addiction."

Ironically, it's all set up now and she likes it :D

I would much rather have a new tank than new shoes or purse ANY day! :)

I'm planning on getting one to be my sump/fuge for the 125g I'm planning for this next year. Anyone know what size tank will fit in a 125g cabinet? I was hoping to use a 40 or 40b. Will that fit?

I stopped scrolling through this thread after reading the first sentence. Spouses don't always understand. She says "What are you looking at on your phone?" (thinking its FB, Words w/Frnds, Twitter) and when she discovers its AA, a groan and eye roll are soon to follow.

I stopped scrolling through this thread after reading the first sentence. Spouses don't always understand. She says "What are you looking at on your phone?" (thinking its FB, Words w/Frnds, Twitter) and when she discovers its AA, a groan and eye roll are soon to follow.

My husband does the same thing, usually his first guesses are in either
1. On google looking up stuff on fish
2. On the forums here

The aqueon 29G and 55G kits are also on sale at my Petco. $105 for the 29 and $180 for the 55. They come with everything and are way cheaper than piecing it all together for a basic aquarium. If youre gonna go canister filter or different lighting you are better off piecing it out.

With the filter you get in those kits, you still might want to add a canister.

Yeah I'm picky and always want better lighting for plant growth and either better filtration or sponge filters for Bettas, so kits don't do me any good lol.

I went in Petco yesterday and almost bought two 20 gallons, a long and a high. They still had a 29 left too.

Nope, not going back. Not going back. LOL

I went in Petco yesterday and almost bought two 20 gallons, a long and a high. They still had a 29 left too.

Nope, not going back. Not going back. LOL

Go Back! Go Back! Go Back!

When there is a dpg sale after march and I have my birthday money, I'm going to go buy 1 55, 1 37, 2or3 10s and 3or4 5s. I can't wait till I'm out of the house, done with college, because my boyfriend says he doesnt mind haveing a bunch of fish tanks around as long as I dont mind having snowmobiles and dirtbikes around lol. It will be nice to not have parents saying two tanks is to many! :lol:

Yeah I'm picky and always want better lighting for plant growth and either better filtration or sponge filters for Bettas, so kits don't do me any good lol.

I just bought a 25 kit for $100 and it has everything including a t5 lighting fixture. I say that is a good deal! Check it out on Petsmart, second page of aquarium kits.

Thanks for whoever posted this. I don't see sale ads on their site so I usually miss it. As I was bringing a 55 to the counter a little boy said in an excited voice "Who's that for?!" And his parents said it was for me, but it was really funny/cute. Anyway, I found it strange that they charge sales tax for the non-sale price and then deduct money for the sale. So the tax was $9 (making total $63) instead of $4 tax...Oh well can't really complain when it's practically half off.

Does a 40 breeder fit in the back of a car with no issues? I want to pick one up but don't know if I'm gonna get it in the back of my Altima...?

Does a 40 breeder fit in the back of a car with no issues? I want to pick one up but don't know if I'm gonna get it in the back of my Altima...?

It will if you do it right and have patience, cause I got a 40b in a honda civic coupe just make sure you bring one other person with you when you get your tank, and good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom