Dream fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I started the hobby, I've really always wanted a huge half land, half water setup. In the water part, I'd keep some really sweet fish, like discus, stingrays and probably a lot of GBR pairs. Then a nice school of neons or cardinals to top it off. It'd have a false rock wall dividing the tank in half longways and then some small entrances along the bottom leading to the back, which will be in another room and I can feed all the fish there equally. Just a dream:rolleyes:

Nils - Is this close to what you were dreaming? A pic of the late Takashi Amano and one of his creations.
uR22Aeu.png

Dream fish? Nothing with scales but if we are talking amphibians, then oddballs such as sirens, amphiumas, olms, mudpuppies, and hellbenders come to mind. And the Eastern Red Spotted Newt. Why the last one? It is certainly not exotic and quite common in some locales. Something about them (from way back when) reminds me of why I got into all of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For you Nils. Paludarium is the term you're looking for, I think. I've had this one saved in my phone for a while

Jesse

Attachments

• 1451401166946.jpg
    1451401166946.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 62
Discus! Also someday I'd love a pond with koi.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got to cross a dream fish off the list today with some hillstream loaches. I'm building them a nice riverine home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

nice, hillstream are interesting. a few years back I had eight lineolata, I loved watching them foraging.

I'd like a trigger like this one

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Lux using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1451703081054.jpg
    1451703081054.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom