Dream Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mickeybags

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just curious what everyone's dream tank is. Unlimited budget and room. Every time I think about it I go in a million different directions. There's so many different species and hardware out there it makes me wonder what people would do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Unlimited budget would be a custom house with whole wall aquariums with full green house rooms above them. Large enough to truly have anything, go swimming in the tanks, etc.

Realistic dream tank(s) would be a couple 265s and/or 300 deep dimensions. Fancy goldfish in one, fw community in another, sw FOWLR in another, and full reef in another. Huge custom sumps, massive skimmers on the sw tanks, automated water change systems, all the bells and whistles.

Me, I'd make myself a tank that hAd connections to every room in the house. That'd be cool. A huge 10k gal tank with 300 gals in every room with those connection tubes so fish could swim in between

A giant 10000 gallon to keep golden dorados and red tailed catfish. Then have the whole substrate covered in dwarf hairgrass :thumbup:

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A 500 gallon palaudarium at the transition between an open kitchen and a sunken living room, to enjoy the terrestrial plants from the upper level and the aquarium from the lower level.

Low tech, to suit my experimental geek side.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I'd love to have a HUGE tank full of only guppies or something, so like I could go scuba diving in it and like be immersed in only one kind of fish... Yeah, gold.

I was just curious what everyone's dream tank is. Unlimited budget and room. Every time I think about it I go in a million different directions. There's so many different species and hardware out there it makes me wonder what people would do.

same here. I honestly can't settle on one because there are sop many great options. :blink:

I also have thought about a room with each wall being a different type of tank.

Darn, aquariums are like Lay's potato chips, you can't have just one! :dance:

I would want a 400 gallon reef tank with amazing LEDs and a small space with a dest for me to pop into and do my work. Freshwater side, I would want a fancy goldfish tank.

For my house now i have a nice space for a 4x2x2 aquarium. That is my current goal. I'd like to try high tech with it. At some stage i will incorporate a planted waterfall style refugium for this tank when i own it.

If i had access to the account of Bill Gates i would probably build a tri level mansion of some description that was centered round a large naturescape (think of a godswood from game of thrones). I would build the interior courtyard to appear carved out of stone. It would have a large pool in the centre surrounded by trees. The second story would have three sides with stone carved balconies you could admire the view from while the fourth side would house another riverscape. To join the two levels i would build a path of stepping stones that would be both path to walk up and a waterfall to join the two aquariums. It would have a third story as well, but the whole area would be netted or encased in glass so i could keep some birds in there too.

I would aim to make it like an indoor rainforest.

I would like to have a huge pond with dug out trails all around witty viewing windows. Stock would be all kinds of fresh water fish with the big dogs being a red tail cat or 2 tiger shovel nose cat and a blueberry arrowana. Would want the food source almost self sustained with multiple smaller species of live bearers and feeder fish.

I would do a 1k gallon lake tanganika community tank, with several different species of shelldwellers, inverts imported from the lake, and all other kinds of fish and inverts native to lake tanganika, it would be self sustaining for food. With all the native livebearers in there to sustain it.

Part of me wants a giant reef - like public aquarium size - but then I think that you probably wouldn't even be able to keep track of everything that's even in there and you wouldn't be able to control what's going on (params and such) at that point. Plus, if I could afford that, I would be rich enough to just fly to all the reefs in the world and go diving. I think my dream is like a 400gal mixed reef with a million types of corals and fish.

I also have another dream of a twelve-foot long heavily planted tank with a school of Boesmani Rainbows, a school of black skirt tetras, and some bumblebee gobies.

Joseph Granata

Back
Top Bottom