Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-14-2006, 10:14 PM   #11
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Re: Dream Tanks(i know this still relates to aquaria)

Originally Posted by WaterPond
I know that my tank of choice would be a 800+ bowfront with some red tailed catfish.
Upgrade your fantasy....and 800 gallon bow would be barely large enough for a single mature RTC.

Mine would be a pressurised system that I could keep Vampyroteuthis infernalis in.

G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 07-16-2006, 12:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to WaterPond Send a message via Yahoo to WaterPond
sorry, that was a typo, i meant to say i would want an 8000+ bowfront with redtailed catfish

Canadian Aquarium Auction!
Old 07-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
2,000 gal African Cichlid tank. I'm not really into saltwater, don't like the look of it so I would stick with freshwater.
Vote for Aquarium Advice

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 07-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to fishrfreinds
Someone is a afraid of the sea. My dream tank wouldnt be a tank it would be bonnivile sea Base. Its a salt water pond that can support Marine life. So i cound SCUBA dive and interact.
RIP Elliott Smith, and AD.

I dont want to be a Advice Freak!
Old 07-23-2006, 04:13 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via MSN to imrandome1
i just wont a tank where none of the fish got ill, or died!!! that would be my dream tank
Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Mosaic
I've designed a whole house, and I've just now started sketching it out. I have some big dreams. Way beyond feasible, and would probably cost more than I'd ever see in my life time.

The master bedroom would have a floor-to-ceiling tank as the wall, thousands of gallons. Probably an Amazonian tank, with some big swords, big plecos, big schools of fish. At night, moonlights would make it the best nightlight ever.
Off the master bedroom, there are his and hers bathrooms. The man's bathroom would have a big malawian tank set into the wall, opposite from the mirror so you can see them while you get ready. The woman's bathroom would have a tall tank on each side of the vanity with maybe some vals running up through them and some fancy fish, like angels.
The formal living room would have high ceilings and another large tank over the mantel, with some big, impressive arowana specimens.
And of course, a water garden outside!

Now, if I were to dream about something actually possible, I wouldn't even know where to start. There's just too much I want.
I just want my planted tanks to be perfect. Is that so much to ask?

55g: (Mostly) African riverine species: Alestes Chaperi, breeding pair of Kribs, and rhino pleco
30g: Newly established reef tank
10g: Planted but fishless
5g: Unplanted with various snail species
2.5g: Heavily planted with betta.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict
The 50,000 gal tank I saw on another site would be my dream tank, except I would keep a ton of big, mean cichlids in it like managuense and peacock cichlids.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic
1000 gallon square tank, aquascaped with natural river rock and reeds, with lots of bronze bristol comets. I have this in a 20 gallon with one bronze bristol. I'd be afraid of the glass breaking though.
Anybody who's seen the personality of fish has had their minds and hearts opened to a whole new world.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want ~2000 gallon (16' long x 3' wide x 6' tall) river setup! I am thinking freshwater for this, lots of plants and driftwood, with an actual currents (variable speeds), and tidal movements, rain/storms, and tons of fish!
75g FW Planted Community; 55g African Cichlid
29g Biocube SW Reef;12g AP Mantis Shrimp/Brittle Star
2 Cats, 2 Dogs, 5 Turtles
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to WaterPond Send a message via Yahoo to WaterPond
wow, these are all awsome, keep them coming! Also, i have another dream tank to add to my list. I would like a 2000 gal FW tank, densly planted, with a bunch of neon tetras, maybe like 1500 neon tetras and a few other types of fish, i dont know what. I have also always wanted to keep oscars, so I would also want a multi-story tank that is like 3 stories high. About 10'x15'x60'(aprox) The top for feeding and cleaning and stuff would only be accessable from my attic, the tank would extend down and take up my bedroom, which has the measurments for length and width in my size wanted. It would take up my whole room, and i would replace my walls with re-enforced glass, it would extend down into my living room, with a vewing area there, then it would go into my basement, with a large veiwing area there. I would keep something like oscars and Pacu in this tank. It would have a bubble wall at the back , which would bubble all the way up to the surface which would be in my attic. I would have very tall growing plants that would grow a span of over 60'(if there are any) I would have albino and regular tiger oscars, (i am getting carried away. Anyway, keep the dreams coming.

Canadian Aquarium Auction!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com