Dream Tanks(i know this still relates to aquaria)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
I am sorry, i know this post still relates to aquaria, i just wanted to post this somewhere where everyone could see.

I think it would be neat if everyone wrote about their DREAM AQUARIUM.
how many gallons?
what fish?
how many fish?
what type of tank?(bowfront, hexagonal...)

I know that my tank of choice would be a 800+ bowfront with some red tailed catfish.

What aquarium to you fantasize about? Tell about it.

Dont even take into account the cost of these things, just tell about that tank that you would love to have.

2000+ saltwater reef with atleast one moray. Percula clowns, salt angels, etc.
500+ lake M chichlid tank.
200 gallon discus tank.
i would rather them be understocked than over crowded, i dont really like the hectic look.

I would have two main ones.
i would have a 300-500g tank with my discus. and plus what fish i have now with more room.
i would add maybe another ten discus. differnt kinds like 2 of each of all my dream discus that i prolly will never be able to get or even afford. or even more discus.
i wouldnt want it much bigger it would be to much work and would just be to big for discus.
And i would get a 300 gallon oscar tank with a few different kinds. and just uhh. (drooling over here by dreaming of my tanks)

i wouldnt mind having a room in the basement. with different tanks with different species. like maybe a small sw with dory and nemo's. and then maybe some puffer kind of fish. and seahorses and starfish.
and then maybe some more different kinds of cichlid tanks.
i dont know i really like the cichlid species.

25,000 gal Arapaima and Redtail Cat tank.
1,000 gal Peacock Bass tank.
200 gal Fahaka Puffer tank.
500 gal Frontosa colony tank.

I have small dreams...lol.

I want around a 300g freshy tank with discus and tetras...and alot of my fish now.

And I want a 200-300g salty tank.

I'm sure if I had tanks this big though, I'd want bigger ones...but for now, those are my dreams (pretty unrealistic though).

My realistic dream tanks, or goals are a 125g community tank, a 75g African tank and a 75g Discus tank...maybe one day i can have those.

roka64 said:
Big enough so I could SCUBA in it!
*nod*

I'd like an outdoor affair, with two sides terraced for planting and decor, and a deep swimming lane running down the middle, with deep and shallow ends for normal swimming.

Mine would be 3 300+ gallon LONG tanks in their own dedicated room. They would be along the outer walls and a huge U shaped couch in the middle of the room. Maybe 1 could be a SW but the other two would have to be dutch style planted tanks.

Now all I have to do is hit the lottery. :wink:

WaterPond said:
I know that my tank of choice would be a 800+ bowfront with some red tailed catfish.

Upgrade your fantasy....and 800 gallon bow would be barely large enough for a single mature RTC. ;)

Mine would be a pressurised system that I could keep Vampyroteuthis infernalis in.

2,000 gal African Cichlid tank. I'm not really into saltwater, don't like the look of it so I would stick with freshwater.

Someone is a afraid of the sea. My dream tank wouldnt be a tank it would be bonnivile sea Base. Its a salt water pond that can support Marine life. So i cound SCUBA dive and interact.

i just wont a tank where none of the fish got ill, or died!!! that would be my dream tank :D

I've designed a whole house, and I've just now started sketching it out. I have some big dreams. Way beyond feasible, and would probably cost more than I'd ever see in my life time.

The master bedroom would have a floor-to-ceiling tank as the wall, thousands of gallons. Probably an Amazonian tank, with some big swords, big plecos, big schools of fish. At night, moonlights would make it the best nightlight ever.
Off the master bedroom, there are his and hers bathrooms. The man's bathroom would have a big malawian tank set into the wall, opposite from the mirror so you can see them while you get ready. The woman's bathroom would have a tall tank on each side of the vanity with maybe some vals running up through them and some fancy fish, like angels.
The formal living room would have high ceilings and another large tank over the mantel, with some big, impressive arowana specimens.
And of course, a water garden outside!

Now, if I were to dream about something actually possible, I wouldn't even know where to start. There's just too much I want.

The 50,000 gal tank I saw on another site would be my dream tank, except I would keep a ton of big, mean cichlids in it like managuense and peacock cichlids.

1000 gallon square tank, aquascaped with natural river rock and reeds, with lots of bronze bristol comets. I have this in a 20 gallon with one bronze bristol. I'd be afraid of the glass breaking though.

I want ~2000 gallon (16' long x 3' wide x 6' tall) river setup! I am thinking freshwater for this, lots of plants and driftwood, with an actual currents (variable speeds), and tidal movements, rain/storms, and tons of fish!

wow, these are all awsome, keep them coming! Also, i have another dream tank to add to my list. I would like a 2000 gal FW tank, densly planted, with a bunch of neon tetras, maybe like 1500 neon tetras and a few other types of fish, i dont know what. I have also always wanted to keep oscars, so I would also want a multi-story tank that is like 3 stories high. About 10'x15'x60'(aprox) The top for feeding and cleaning and stuff would only be accessable from my attic, the tank would extend down and take up my bedroom, which has the measurments for length and width in my size wanted. It would take up my whole room, and i would replace my walls with re-enforced glass, it would extend down into my living room, with a vewing area there, then it would go into my basement, with a large veiwing area there. I would keep something like oscars and Pacu in this tank. It would have a bubble wall at the back , which would bubble all the way up to the surface which would be in my attic. I would have very tall growing plants that would grow a span of over 60'(if there are any) I would have albino and regular tiger oscars, (i am getting carried away. Anyway, keep the dreams coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom