Dreamtank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, mine would be a massive freshwater native biotope, maybe a 300 gallon, aquascaped with locally gathered driftwood and native plants, as well as a very rocky corner to simulate the bottom of most of our local lakes. stock would be bluegills, black crappie, pumpkinseeds and a few bullheads. I am an avid fisherman, and having a representation of my local waters in my home is my dream.

I think I would want a 400 gallon tropical community for inside the house. Just a couple of each larger species and then a few hundred smaller schooling and shoaling fish. Tank would be planted up to par with Rivercats big one. Check it out if you haven't seen it.

Then outside I would have a pond as big as a pool that I could swim in with the fish and chill on a inflatable tube. The fish in there would be carp, bass, bluegills, and maybe one gar.

I really want to do this idea with a pool! If I ever buy a house with a pool, this will be the plan! But I'd have to put in a few massive flathead catfish. Another thing that I would do is do some fishing. Get a few spinnerbaits, snip the hooks off and watch the bass go to town!!

If I could I would have a whole wing of my house dedicated to aquariums. Rows upon rows upon rows upon rows of fish...........

I would have a 300x300 (9k sq foot) 20 inch cement foundation fish room set up, with inground ponds with little bridges to cross and some really really big freshwater tanks in the 5k and up range. And then move into that building with a big screen tv a sectional couch little bar, and a sandy floor area so i can pretend im at the beach in the winter months with yet another big screen showing a beach with waves(maybe a salt tank next to a fan to spread that nice salt smell you get at a beach) with one of those fancy lights that makes you think your outside in the sun.. Bathroom (same room but tanks as walls with rockwork so cant see thru) would have a step down tub like in the roman times big enough for 4 or 5 people but only me and the wife would enjoy it:) but the walls of the tub would be glass with fish behind them. maybe a small rowboat for one of the little ponds and pretend im busy fishing in shorts and a tee while everyone else is freezing ice fishing. Or to take a nap on.

Last edited:
I would have a 300x300 (9k sq foot) 20 inch cement foundation fish room set up, with inground ponds with little bridges to cross and some really really big freshwater tanks in the 5k and up range. And then move into that building with a big screen tv a sectional couch little bar, and a sandy floor area so i can pretend im at the beach in the winter months with yet another big screen showing a beach with waves(maybe a salt tank next to a fan to spread that nice salt smell you get at a beach) with one of those fancy lights that makes you think your outside in the sun.. Bathroom (same room but tanks as walls with rockwork so cant see thru) would have a step down tub like in the roman times big enough for 4 or 5 people but only me and the wife would enjoy it:) but the walls of the tub would be glass with fish behind them. maybe a small rowboat for one of the little ponds and pretend im busy fishing in shorts and a tee while everyone else is freezing ice fishing. Or to take a nap on.

You can still fish. Just don't use a hook. If you've ever went bass fishing and used topwater lures, they way they fly out of the water is amazing!! Now, just picture a large Oscar doing that...

Another new idea----

A "man cave" with a huge tv in the middle of a wall. And on both sides 200 gallon corner tanks. One a reef and the other a cichlids tank. And then the bar is a tank built in. Got that from a member here who's doing that. Can't remember who but a stellar idea!

Not far off my setup except without the corner tanks or saltwater tank or the bar.. Actually its quite far off my setup lol. But i do make up for it with my home theatre. Tv in the middle, Speakers all round and the side surround are just at the right height so i can get in both my tanks and the subwoofer behind me on the back wall. I notched up a quick pic on my phone. Personal man cave with only electronics and fish aloud

Idea note_6_01.jpg

Setting up a 65 cichlid tank for it as we speak. Upto now my fiahes fav movie is probably jurassic park. And they say water and electrics dont go together.

Not far off my setup except without the corner tanks or saltwater tank or the bar.. Actually its quite far off my setup lol. But i do make up for it with my home theatre. Tv in the middle, Speakers all round and the side surround are just at the right height so i can get in both my tanks and the subwoofer behind me on the back wall. I notched up a quick pic on my phone. Personal man cave with only electronics and fish aloud

Be sure that your speakers won't shatter the tanks!

Another new idea----

A "man cave" with a huge tv in the middle of a wall. And on both sides 200 gallon corner tanks. One a reef and the other a cichlids tank. And then the bar is a tank built in. Got that from a member here who's doing that. Can't remember who but a stellar idea!

I'm a girl and I want a "girl cave" like that. Lol.

I always hear people talking about dream fish tanks, but I want a giant goldfish pond lol. With lots of fat little ryukins swimmin around, lol sounds silly.

what are your guys dream tanks/ponds?

The goldfish pond with the fat little ryukins is in the middle of the floor of the custom fish room. You know, the one with the tank built into one of the long walls that has the door behind it that goes into the equipment room?

Both plumbed separately, of course.

Back
Top Bottom