Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well, there was a time I went to [store] with my cousin, she wanted angelfish. So she went over to a employee and asked how many would be okay in a bowl. Yes, a bowl. (I didn't even consider fishes back then so I literally stood there silent haha)

The employee said 4.

So she bought the 4 angelfishes and put them in the bowl. After a short amount of time, you wouldn't believe how cramped it looked in the bowl, and how aggressive they were ):

Thankfully, she has since sold them.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #122
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post
Well, there was a time I went to [store] with my cousin, she wanted angelfish. So she went over to a employee and asked how many would be okay in a bowl. Yes, a bowl. (I didn't even consider fishes back then so I literally stood there silent haha)

The employee said 4.

So she bought the 4 angelfishes and put them in the bowl. After a short amount of time, you wouldn't believe how cramped it looked in the bowl, and how aggressive they were ):

Thankfully, she has since sold them.
Jesus I can't believe they didn't die overnight!
With the lack of oxygen...! I bought a wall beta bowl (before I knew what I was doing) and put an angelfish in it (it's probably .5 gallons or so) and it died overnight! I got beta for it, but I became so in love with the angelfish, I used my birthday money to buy myself a 55 gallon tank. Then I realized all the stuff that fish needed, and took a liking to the responsibility of them. Thus, here I am! AngelFishGirl was born! (On here lol)

Old 07-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #123
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFishGirl View Post

Jesus I can't believe they didn't die overnight!
With the lack of oxygen...! I bought a wall beta bowl (before I knew what I was doing) and put an angelfish in it (it's probably .5 gallons or so) and it died overnight! I got beta for it, but I became so in love with the angelfish, I used my birthday money to buy myself a 55 gallon tank. Then I realized all the stuff that fish needed, and took a liking to the responsibility of them. Thus, here I am! AngelFishGirl was born! (On here lol)
I've always wanted an angelfish but my parents always tell me "when I get my own place" I can, because of the required tank size. Haha, oh well.
It was a 5 gallon fish bowl, and the angelfish were still super tiny at the time. It lasted a week to be specific, maybe it was just luck.
They grow pretty fast, after that week it was clear that the bowl wasn't doing justice.

But she does have her own angelfish now, in a 75 gal! (Though it took some time) It's amazing how inaccurate information can be.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #124
Aquarium Advice Activist

I think another time I got bad info was when I asked an employee if a moss ball was ok with my tank. ( this was before I knew what the heck I was doing, mind you.) WORSE. DECISION. EVER.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #125
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Fishy View Post
I think another time I got bad info was when I asked an employee if a moss ball was ok with my tank. ( this was before I knew what the heck I was doing, mind you.) WORSE. DECISION. EVER.
A moss ball? What could POSSIBLY go wrong with a ball of moss??? *is inexperienced with plants*
Old 07-11-2013, 12:29 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post

I've always wanted an angelfish but my parents always tell me "when I get my own place" I can, because of the required tank size. Haha, oh well.
It was a 5 gallon fish bowl, and the angelfish were still super tiny at the time. It lasted a week to be specific, maybe it was just luck.
They grow pretty fast, after that week it was clear that the bowl wasn't doing justice.

But she does have her own angelfish now, in a 75 gal! (Though it took some time) It's amazing how inaccurate information can be.
What's your tank size?
And that's WONDERFUL that she know has them in a 75! I LOVE angels and would adopt every single one I saw if I could. I have 5 (getting one more to even out aggression) in a 55. Obviously overstocked, but as soon as I move out I am getting at least 75 (but going for 125-200) to house angels. I want to breed and sell and just inform and distribute nice looking beautiful angelfish for the world so I can share their beauty

But anyways, we should PM if we want to discuss this from now to keep this thread on track. :P
Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice Freak

when I got my first betta a slim film started to grow over the surface of my 1g bowl so we researched and discovered we needed a filter so we went to a chain petstore and looked at all the different filters and my mom asked an employee what filter was best for a 1g and the guy said he didn't recommend filters at all because they were a waste of money because fish love to eat the film!! shortly after that my betta was upgraded to a nice and roomie 10g that came with a filter!! Luckily thats why I researched more about fish because I didn't believe the employee, so I learned the proper requirements of my fish!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
What happened!? A terrorizing moss ball? Lmao.

20 gal tall:currently cycling, soon to be re-aquascaped
Old 07-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #129
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
What happened? I don't really understand.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #130
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Mom-in-law who lives with us is old school and impatient. She can't grasp the idea of cycling the tank and lectures me daily about wasted electricity and reminding me that her goldfish lived a whole year in a 6 oz glass of tap water when she was a kid.

She bought a common pleco and I made her return it. But she came back with the same one citing that the expert at Walmart promised it would do fine in a 20g high tank with 2 black moors. (Those were her purchases too)

Finally, she wants to put angel fish in the 36g that I'm cycling. She states that at least 12 of them will be just fine.

I've forbidden her from purchasing any fish for my tanks.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com