Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2013, 02:58 AM   #221
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post

Conditioner works wonders for my African feather fin. He's almost show ready now
That poor, poor betta
Really?! I was thinking of using Pantene Master Pro V (okay in all seriousness, I use it on my hair so I know it's full name LOL)

Yeah..I still can't believe someone recommended me to use soap as a water conditioner..where do people get this stuff, really.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #222
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post

Really?! I was thinking of using Pantene Master Pro V (okay in all seriousness, I use it on my hair so I know it's full name LOL)

Yeah..I still can't believe someone recommended me to use soap as a water conditioner..where do people get this stuff, really.
Bravo, I need to try that for my angel fish

And the human mind is a scary place, especially when it comes to fish

10g saltwater
Old 07-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #223
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you guys want a laugh, search " what rookie fish keepers say" on YouTube. Be sure to watch part 1 and 2. It's made by a great fish keeper so he knows better.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #224
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
If you guys want a laugh, search " what rookie fish keepers say" on YouTube. Be sure to watch part 1 and 2. It's made by a great fish keeper so he knows better.
Using a straw to blow and put oxygen into the tank every 15 minutes..LMAO that part got me
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 AM   #225
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah it's a funny video. Please don't leave any negative comments. The person is one of my favorite fish keepers on youtube and I wouldn't want to see any insults towards him

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #226
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post

My platy love Olay! It's softer on their bioload. I wonder if shampoo would help with fin rot or make their fins shinier..hmmm

It's pretty sad because I saw someone holding a plastic container with a betta go up to him for advice. I just hope he didn't give the same soap speech ):
Omg hahahaha!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #227
Aquarium Advice Newbie

LFS manager told me that I should get readings of ammonia-0ppm, nitrAtes-0ppm, and nitrItes-50ppm. Then when I corrected her she said everyone on this forum is lying about nitrIte and nitrAte readings and she has had tanks for forty years this way supposedly.

Please check out My Aquarium Adventure @
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...re-264873.html
Old 07-19-2013, 01:11 AM   #228
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkerk View Post
LFS manager told me that I should get readings of ammonia-0ppm, nitrAtes-0ppm, and nitrItes-50ppm. Then when I corrected her she said everyone on this forum is lying about nitrIte and nitrAte readings and she has had tanks for forty years this way supposedly.
Good thing we all know that in a cycled aquarium, these readings are impossible. Correct me if I'm wrong but once the tank has cycled, you can't have high TRITES with 0 TRATES anymore as the bacteria is converting trites to trates immediately. You can only get that kind of reading in an uncycled tank.

She may have been keeping tanks for that long but not keeping a single tank for that long. Then again, I'm old too and sometimes get my I's and A's mixed up
Old 07-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #229
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post
Good thing we all know that in a cycled aquarium, these readings are impossible. Correct me if I'm wrong but once the tank has cycled, you can't have high TRITES with 0 TRATES anymore as the bacteria is converting trites to trates immediately. You can only get that kind of reading in an uncycled tank.

She may have been keeping tanks for that long but not keeping a single tank for that long. Then again, I'm old too and sometimes get my I's and A's mixed up
It would take some massive effort on her part to get those readings consistently.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #230
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sager View Post

It goes ammonia, trites then trates. You switched them around

Jack - Telescope Eyed Goldfish - 8 months
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com