Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my LFS had a clown trigger which is a $100 fish and it was sick with marine velvet. His decision for treatment was to put it in another tank so that a cleaner shrimp could care for him.

Dumbest thing I was ever told-"Prime and things like that are just a gimmick to get your money. They aren't necessary" This was told to me by someone who supposedly has been keeping fish for 20 years.

Saw this and thought I would post this picture here. Seams about right.
img_2618849_0_bf1104f414f01441bace10cb359f38d2.jpg

My cousins want to start a saltwater tank and I'm afraid they go fishing and dump what they catch in the 25 gallon tank

Ok I'm done

Today I went to petsfart to get my monthly supply of giant mealworms for my lizards, and I stopped by to see the fish, I saw a big goldfish and I was like wow! That's cool a an employe approached me and said, I have the perfect house for they little guy! Follow me, I was expecting for him to show me a cool 40 gallon for him or something like that, but no! It was a 1.77 goldfish starter kit, well, I couldn't take it, and I said" we'll, might as well have asked a kinder Gardner for help" he said, what did you say, I said yea man, it's a 20 gallon long for one and then 10 for extra fish, with double filtration, he said ok, I have been working here for a while and I'm not up for a 16 year old to be bit***ng me on what to do about the fish, and as he walked away I told him, how would you like me to stick your a** in a 5 foot by 5 foot room! He stopped and gave me the evil look and just walked away
I swear these people

Ok I'm done

Today I went to [store] to get my monthly supply of giant mealworms for my lizards, and I stopped by to see the fish, I saw a big goldfish and I was like wow! That's cool a an employe approached me and said, I have the perfect house for they little guy! Follow me, I was expecting for him to show me a cool 40 gallon for him or something like that, but no! It was a 1.77 goldfish starter kit, well, I couldn't take it, and I said" we'll, might as well have asked a kinder Gardner for help" he said, what did you say, I said yea man, it's a 20 gallon long for one and then 10 for extra fish, with double filtration, he said ok, I have been working here for a while and I'm not up for a 16 year old to be [mod edit] me on what to do about the fish, and as he walked away I told him, how would you like me to stick your a** in a 5 foot by 5 foot room! He stopped and gave me the evil look and just walked away
I swear these people

Wow! Yeah some are dumber than rocks to be honest. Good for you standing up like that

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy at my LFS caught me taking this picture and he came running over, "These bowls are great, aren't they!? You can put so many fish in them and the waterfall action purifies the water! They're on sale for 19.99$!"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 154
The guy at my LFS caught me taking this picture and he came running over, "These bowls are great, aren't they!? You can put so many fish in them and the waterfall action purifies the water! They're on sale for 19.99$!"

Oh wow. What a highly misinformed idiot. Common sense should tell you thats a betta bowl. Even then its too small. Its a snail bowl.

At work the other day, a guy came in asking for basically fish shampoo because he bought an Oscar and the guy told him it was growing algae. I asked this guy a few questions and determined a rock had better answers. He said the coat was clear and he showed me a pic and its a normal oscar. It was the oscars slime coat!?! I just walked away otherwise I would have peed the guy off

Fish only grow to the size of their environment! Don't know how many times I have heard that.

image-1936368127.jpg

You can keep this dwarf black fish in an aquarium through its entire life. Train it to do tricks, with out mangling you. Ooo it may be suitable in a community tank with miniature dolphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom