Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #241
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

The other day a chain store employee told me to use prime as a fertilizer when I asked for flourish comprehensive.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:54 AM   #242
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayi View Post
The other day a chain store employee told me to use prime as a fertilizer when I asked for flourish comprehensive.
Oh wow! Did you tell him next time he is thirsty the toilet is the best place to drink from?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #243
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayi View Post
When you say prim hat are you taking about
Jack - Telescope Eyed Goldfish - 8 months
Old 07-20-2013, 03:33 AM   #244
Aquarium Advice Addict

An hour ago, after work, at local lfs: customer looking at a fish that grows 1 metre long- but would it have to grow that big? Like- if I had in a smaller aquarium (holds hands 2' apart) it would only grow to the size of the tank, wouldn't it?
Fish *expert*- of course- any fish will only grow to the size of the tank it's in.
Me (butting in like a rude so-and-so) yeah, but it won't be healthy stunting its growth like that, and it will have a much shorter lifespan.
*expert*- not at all, it's a natural phenomenon, and doesn't cause them any harm at all. Once you put them in a bigger tank they just start growing again.
Customer- yeah, that's what I thought, because my Oscar lives in a 2' tank and he's fine- I got him when he was 2" and now he's still only 5". Besides, fish don't live very long anyway.
OMG
I felt like saying, no- well they bloody well wouldn't under those conditions!
Old 07-20-2013, 03:35 AM   #245
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ignorance is bliss

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:36 AM   #246
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspixie View Post
An hour ago, after work, at local lfs: customer looking at a fish that grows 1 metre long- but would it have to grow that big? Like- if I had in a smaller aquarium (holds hands 2' apart) it would only grow to the size of the tank, wouldn't it?
Fish *expert*- of course- any fish will only grow to the size of the tank it's in.
Me (butting in like a rude so-and-so) yeah, but it won't be healthy stunting its growth like that, and it will have a much shorter lifespan.
*expert*- not at all, it's a natural phenomenon, and doesn't cause them any harm at all. Once you put them in a bigger tank they just start growing again.
Customer- yeah, that's what I thought, because my Oscar lives in a 2' tank and he's fine- I got him when he was 2" and now he's still only 5". Besides, fish don't live very long anyway.
OMG
People only say they don't live long because they don't know proper care and end up killing the fish...
Jack - Telescope Eyed Goldfish - 8 months
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 AM   #247
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
OMG
Wow, a case of the employee AND the customer being a nutcase. 2 wrongs don't make a right, lol. I'm pretty sure if it was a "natural phenomenon", people would be keeping fw sharks in as little as a 10 gallon LOL
Old 07-20-2013, 04:06 AM   #248
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
OMG
Perfect example of stupid people feeding off of each others stupidity.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #249
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpieItBlack View Post

When you say prim hat are you taking about
Prime water conditioner. It's the best I know of.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #250
Ayi
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post

Oh wow! Did you tell him next time he is thirsty the toilet is the best place to drink from?
Lol that's pretty funny. But no I did not say that. Should've though.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com