Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #311
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can't guess who's who but I do know who's going to die in that bowl

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #312
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaowner View Post
I can't guess who's who but I do know who's going to die in that bowl
Mickey mouse and tiger and fancy!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #313
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfreak View Post
Seen this on my Facebook wall I was totally surprised to see this. I had to screen cap it and show it to everyone.
Four goldfish in a maybe 2 gallon bowl. " Ladies and gents, fins and gills, this is the fish keeper of the year. She probably does a 50% water change every hour to keep it clean. Im glad these people are in our hobby. They show with perseverance, anyone can be an arrogant, idiotic, fool to keep 4 goldies in a bowl"

* Anything in a "..." is sarcasm if that wasnt obvious
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #314
Aquarium Advice Addict

The goldfish would be lucky if its more than a gallon

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #315
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfreak View Post
Seen this on my Facebook wall I was totally surprised to see this. I had to screen cap it and show it to everyone.
Wow........
Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #316
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Fishy View Post
Wow........
Yeah I was super surprised when I seen that pop up on my Facebook. I looked at it dumbfounded or a minute or two, even when I was a kid I never kept a gold fish in a bowl.

It somewhat saddened me to because I have always thought the company to be a little better then some of the other competitors out there. At least the locals stores around me would not recommend something like that.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #317
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs1281 View Post
Four goldfish in a maybe 2 gallon bowl. " Ladies and gents, fins and gills, this is the fish keeper of the year. She probably does a 50% water change every hour to keep it clean. Im glad these people are in our hobby. They show with perseverance, anyone can be an arrogant, idiotic, fool to keep 4 goldies in a bowl"

* Anything in a "..." is sarcasm if that wasnt obvious
I'm pretty sure I saw the same one, she was trying to sell the bowl for $50 because she was going on vacation a lot and didn't want to give them back to the LFS because they might become feeders... Pretty sure being a feeder would be a better fate than that! Heck, even a 5-10 gallon tank would be

Edit:: just saw it was a company, mine as on a Facebook classifieds group so not the same, but this lady had 4 goldfish in a 1 gallon bowl at most and the Goldie's hardly had enough room to turn around, worst thing was that they were commons
Old 07-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #318
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishingforfish View Post
Yeah, she actually picked out some pretty natural and useful decor so I'm all for it. Yesterday I tried sneaking the subject of adding live plants and new fish in the future, and she was like "Yeah I wanna see what plants we can put!" Followed by a "I can't wait to see new fishes in the tank!"

#winning LOL I just wish she was as into it as I am though.

My dad doesn't really care, as long as he's not paying. He just doesn't think it's all that impressive. Oh well
Wow, it's kind of the opposite for me. My dad doesn't care, he's glad I am spending my time on something "worthwhile" and not videogames and stuff, and as long as I pay for most of it (I actually pay for all of it) then he is glad I am into the hobby. But my mom says that fish tanks are "tacky", so she's doesn't like it at all.

*facepalm*
Old 07-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #319
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
I got a better idea.. Just carve tank decorations out of bars of soap. You can get the cleaning action in a time release capsule!
Quote:
Holy cow that's brilliant! A water conditioner AND decor at once?! Wow, I bet when my cories come in, they would be making tons of soap bubbles, perfect for healthy oxygen levels!

But I wonder what's better, Shea butter or Lavender scent? I don't know about you, I think they'd appreciate the Shea butter..who doesn't like butter?! Wow, I can't believe water conditioners are on the shelves anyway..what a scam!

Guys, if a employee ever tells you to use soap as a water conditioner, you have a right to get all the water conditioner you want. For free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post
My corys prefer Irish springs! Could I take prize B for their stupidity and get to take 1 free groin shot at them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Mine liked dove the best. Their scales are always so shiny. I call next in line for the groin shot, but maybe I'll just bring a baseball bat or a crowbar with me that day.
Quote:
My platy love Olay! It's softer on their bioload. I wonder if shampoo would help with fin rot or make their fins shinier..hmmm

It's pretty sad because I saw someone holding a plastic container with a betta go up to him for advice. I just hope he didn't give the same soap speech ):
Quote:
Conditioner works wonders for my African feather fin. He's almost show ready now
That poor, poor betta
Quote:
Really?! I was thinking of using Pantene Master Pro V (okay in all seriousness, I use it on my hair so I know it's full name LOL)

Yeah..I still can't believe someone recommended me to use soap as a water conditioner..where do people get this stuff, really.
Quote:
Bravo, I need to try that for my angel fish

And the human mind is a scary place, especially when it comes to fish
OMG! I was roflmao when I read this conversation. Soap, really!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #320
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The dumbest advice I've ever heard (and this just might take the cake) was when my brother went to a store and told them he had a 2.5 gallon tank and wanted fish. They sent him home with a giant danio and a rainbow shark, a pound of gravel, no heater, and no filter. A 7 inch aggressive fish and a 4 inch semi aggressive fish in a ten inch long, 2.5 gallon tank. Seems legit.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com