Oh man... used to work at PetSmart. Three different stores on and off for some years. The last store I had the unfortunate luck to work at: Everyone was on a different page. The managers didn't care enough to get all associates on the same page with knowledge, and would be petty and hide or throw out any information I gave to them! Anywaaays...
Some great things I had to hear from my customers that other associates in that store said was "Okay" to do.
- 10 goldfish in a 10 gallon tank, barely a strong enough filter. To that customer asked me, "Why do they keep dying??"
- Keep Bettas in tiny bowls because they're "afraid" of big spaces.
- Keep a fancy goldfish in a 2 gallon tank "to start."
- Let the filter run for a few days before stocking your tank.. which usually meant "as many as you want" to most people.
- It's against policy for feeder goldfish to be given out to parties or weddings, except occasionally when someone wants to buy 50 of them and supposedly has a 40 gal
just in case no one wants to keep them. Uggh 40 gal
will not fit 50 goldies!
- Plecos in a tiny tank... @_@
- Neons or other schoolers in a pair, or by themselves.