Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds of just last week where this lady was saying about how her snails kept dying in her tank. So I told her that she may have copper in her tank and that snails a sensitive to copper. She seems surprised, :lol:

I was going to look at fish for my twenty at the lfs, when I saw this couple coming in wanting GOLDFISH for their SALTwater tank. Good thing they weren't turds and took the employee's advice.

Remember not to mention store names you guys we got in trouble for that earlier. Were not dissing on stores were sharing terrible advice given by people.

I hope that was sarcasm. Have you ever been in health/science class? We USE oxygen. So why would we EXHALE mostly oxygen???

Wow I suggest you do some research before you state fact. (Which by the way is completely wrong) I figure you must still be in high school or something. As someone with a university degree in science I've learnt the hard way to always check facts prior to stating them. The human body just like a typical car engine does not burn fuel (ie oxygen for humans) in the most efficient manor that is the reason we only use about 7-8% of the 21% oxygen we breath in, and yes that is exactly how CPR/rescue breathing works

Just went to the pet store and listened to a horrifying story about how for his daughters birthday he bought her fish and when she went to take off the paper they were all dead. He didnt put dechlorinator in the water..... So I kinda stepped in and gave him some basic advice. He went home with a betta a heater and some hikari betta pellets for her 10gal tank. And dechlorinator of course lol.

Considering we don't inhale mostly oxygen, I should have stated we inhale plenty of usable air and exhale plenty of viable air that can be used if rebreathed. Thus how one can revive someone during CPR.

Considering we don't inhale mostly oxygen, I should have stated we inhale plenty of usable air and exhale plenty of viable air that can be used if rebreathed. Thus how one can revive someone during CPR.

I think most of us got the basic idea and figured you just got distracte and weren't able to finish your thought like you had planned. Atleast the most of us that knew we even exhaled o2 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom