Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to start crying. My friend still does not get why fish bowls are terrible. Can you guys please help me.

Put him in an air right container and leave him there till he passes out from the lack of oxygen and the smell of his waste. Then take him out wake him up and hand him the bowl with the fish in it and say that is how he feels.... Always works for me lol

As wise as that is, can you think of some legal examples of how this is cruel? I was telling him the bettas need at least 1.5 gallons of water but he turned to the dark side and now he believes keeping fish in bowls is ok.

sadly about the only laws on fish is harassing them or catching without a permit...they don't "fit" what most people think a pet is

He still does not get what I'm trying to say. I told him the cups used to hold bettas are temporary and can be lethal. This really is animal cruelty.

stick him in a closet for two days with nothing but a 5 gal bucket to pee in...then ask him if he feels its right LOL

He still does not get what I'm trying to say. I told him the cups used to hold bettas are temporary and can be lethal. This really is animal cruelty.

It made me happy to see the disclaimer on the cup I got my newest betta in at petco the other day that says the cup is not a permanent habitat. Btw a bowl of MORE than a gallon can be ok for a betta as long as it is heated either with a heater or via being in a warm enough (78 or higher) room and water changes are done very regularly.

Measure the size of of the fish compared to the bowl. Then cut out/print/use a real baby and use tape to show him the size of the space that the baby has to grow up in. It should be corresponding correctly with the size of the bowl compared to the fish.

Then tell him that when the baby grows, it's area will not. It'll always be cleaned by his parents (water changes) but will eventually get too cramped.

I made that up and it'll take some work and time and math (HATE lol) but I think it'd be effective. I've personally wanted to do it but never had a chance to do it yet.

Guy working there: Okay, here are your fish.
My mom: That fish is dead!
Guy working: It's sleeping. It'll wake up when the water warms up.They do this all the time.

Btw these were goldfish.

Guy working: It's sleeping. It'll wake up when the water warms up.They do this all the time.

Btw these were goldfish.

LMAO, If that ever happened to me, I'd say that I want to bring one home that is "awake".

Btw these were goldfish.

I just laughed for 5 minutes straight.

1. The guy at the store tried to convince me to buy glofish and i had to explain to him that they are bioengineered and his reply was "as far as i know all of our fish are natural" and since that day, when i go to that store, if i see that guy when i walk in the door i turn around and walk out.

2. (Not told to me) oh yeah, 2 silver tipped sharks would be fine in a 10 gallon.

3. (I told the lady what my stock was: guppies, platies, swordtails)
me: i would like 5 kuhli loaches.
Her: kuhli loaches get really lazy after a while and die quickly, i would recommend plecotomus.
Me: (playing along so that i can get my fish) yeah, i know, but i really like kuhlis.

Was at my LFS other other day and a customer was saying to another that the best way to connect a sump is to take a hammer and punch a hole in the glass. They said that you don't have to bother with drilling because if you hit it right with the hammer the hole will be perfect. Lol.

Was at my LFS other other day and a customer was saying to another that the best way to connect a sump is to take a hammer and punch a hole in the glass. They said that you don't have to bother with drilling because if you hit it right with the hammer the hole will be perfect. Lol.

Wow... I wonder if this guy has actually tried his method before. And how many tanks he has shattered looking for that perfect way to punch a hole out with a hammer...

thats so stupid!!!! maybe if you had a glass cutter and made a circle first, otherwise that would be almost impossible

STOP!!!!

Hammertime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom