Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I think some of the others were much worse than this. It's not horrible. The only things bad I'm seeing that are bad are multiple feedings and water changes once a month. I know that's bad, but some of the stuff we've heard is worse

Really? I think some of the others were much worse than this. It's not horrible. The only things bad I'm seeing that are bad are multiple feedings and water changes once a month. I know that's bad, but some of the stuff we've heard is worse

Yes but the point is that its sold to billions of people worldwide

Well.. They sell food, filters, and other equipment for aquariums. I'm sure they came up with it on their own.

The conversation went something like this:
Guy 1: "If we get them to feed 3x the amount the fish need then we sell 3x the food!"

Guy 2: "That's a great idea! How about this, we tell the idiots to change their filter pads every month as well!"

Guy 1: "Constantly cycling aquarium? That sounds like a perfect place for a bacterial bloom! Perfect to sell our water clarifiers to the loyal customers"

Guy 2: "You know, since they are feeding soo much with a constantly cycling aquarium they will have serious ammonia problems. Lets push an ammonia neutralizer on them too!"

Guy 3: "You are both evil bastards. Also geniuses!"

Well.. They sell food, filters, and other equipment for aquariums. I'm sure they came up with it on their own.

The conversation went something like this:
Guy 1: "If we get them to feed 3x the amount the fish need then we sell 3x the food!"

Guy 2: "That's a great idea! How about this, we tell the idiots to change their filter pads every month as well!"

Guy 1: "Constantly cycling aquarium? That sounds like a perfect place for a bacterial bloom! Perfect to sell our water clarifiers to the loyal customers"

Guy 2: "You know, since they are feeding soo much with a constantly cycling aquarium they will have serious ammonia problems. Lets push an ammonia neutralizer on them too!"

Guy 3: "You are both evil bastards. Also geniuses!"

Haha I seriously laughed at this! Soumds about right

I really am starting to wish i hit the jackpot so i can move to a jungle in the middle of south america. Then i can get the cichlids i want for free. And i dont have to deal with politics as much. XD there are flaws in this plan but that is the general idea

Its from the 36g bowfront kit I just got. Im sure its in all aqueon kits

Yeah. It came on a little slip in my Aqueon 10g. I laughed when I read it and threw it away. All my tanks are Tetra Brand now and I like all of them to be plastic because I'm super clumsy and who knows how I could break it.

This isn't really "advice" persay but I just went to the pet store and to my HORROR, there was a tank with Gouramis, Platys and TIGER BARBS. How more stupid can you get???? There was a dead gourami in the back of the tank, a dead platy at the other end and a bunch of almost FINLESS gourami trying to swim while the barbs ATTACKED them. I pointed it out to the manager and her half assed comment was "It's my Plannogram. I can't change it. Whatever." And walked away. I stormed out of the store and probably won't come back.

I went to one of the privately owned LFS in my town today. At this lfs I have been trading in my overgrown grape caulerpa macro algae from my reef tank and they asked me how I got it to grow so fast because they have been having a hard time keeping it alive. It's always a good thing when your LFS asks you for advice. lol

I always have a friend feed my fish.

This is a bit off topic but every time I have a friend feed them they either feed way too much, feed the wrong thing (because some foods are too "gross") or forget to feed them enough... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom