Dumbest Aquarium advice you've ever been given?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a bit off topic but every time I have a friend feed them they either feed way too much, feed the wrong thing (because some foods are too "gross") or forget to feed them enough... :(

Weekly pill container. Have the food separated by day and hide the rest of the food containers. This way they feed just the right amount every day.

Ya know... I dont think i've ever gotten any bad advice as far as my memory goes. But who knows? Maybe I've heard some and forgot it? Anyways if I get bad advice I'll pod here if its still active.

It may have been said already but posted all over my LFS are big signs saying:

REMEMBER! Always run your new tank for 7 days before adding fish!!!

Not really advice but it cracks me up every time I see it.

In one of my LFS there's a large banner above the tanks that says "ALL FISH 2 FOR 1. No warranty on 2 for 1 fish"

So I asked "Um so that means no warranty then right?"

Reply "no no, just on the 2 for 1 fish"

Umm. Huh. Well then....

Yeah... That poor Bala didn't survive the night. :facepalm: At least the Rainbow Shark is still with us. And that was four years ago! He's 6 inches now and called Captain Sparkles. :whistle: He's a lovely natured fish and best friends with one of our older Corydora, which is a bit strange. :huh:

My advice has never been that bad, but that's because I don't ask for it except for on here lol. The worst was probably that my dads overstocked tank was actually understocked because since it was a 55gal, it could house 55 inches of fish. When I confronted the store owner about the bad advice, he immediately went to calling me a stupid kid and an idiot and not to come back to his store and other not very pleasant things.

I sent my dad in ;)

My advice has never been that bad, but that's because I don't ask for it except for on here lol. The worst was probably that my dads overstocked tank was actually understocked because since it was a 55gal, it could house 55 inches of fish. When I confronted the store owner about the bad advice, he immediately went to calling me a stupid kid and an idiot and not to come back to his store and other not very pleasant things.

I sent my dad in ;)

That's some pretty bad etiquette

This isn't really advice but I was in [store] and there was a HUGE roach floating in a tank with some goldies and disjoin loaches. It was still alive and I told the "expert" fish guy and he said that the goldies eat them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom