Dumbest thing done during a water change?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starka said:
While doing a pwc I almost drank my fish.
I have now learned not to put your fish in a drinking glass. Lol

I've gotten a few mouthfuls of tank water but never nearly drank a fish. I've decided sucking on the tube is the easiest way to start it, and I've gotten pretty good at it. This weekend I started it that way about 20 times with only one taste of tank water!

That reminds me if something stupid I did.

I was suckin on a tube to start a siphon to drip acclimate fish. I got a huge mouthful of water and instantly spit it out by accident into the fish bucket, along with some flem from my throat lol. I had to fish it out really fast so the fish couldn't get to itB

when i took all the bad water out of my 16 i forgot i only had one bucket, so i didnt realize it untill my foot was soaked, the bucket was full... i also somehow maneged to forget the water conditener when i had to fill it back up, so i had to rush to the store, were we were pulled over and given a speeding ticket, it was a bad day

I can just see that happening, "Im sorry officer but I really need to get this dechlorinator in my tank" "You're what?"

LOL i know thats what he said

i said " im sorry officer but our fish will die if we dont get home soon"

he said "huh?"

i explained for the nubby officer

he said " oh so you put that stuff in your water to make it yummy for the lil fishie wishies"

i was like " ummmm.... yea"

he said" ok but this is your warning slow down, and go save yoru fishies!!!" then he walked away

Last year when I was in a dorm, I was filling up one of my 5g jugs to refill my tanks. The outer rim of the shower was like two inches (maybe), so you always get water everywhere when just taking a normal shower. But, when you have a 5g jug sitting directly over the drain, you start to flood the bathroom. Well, I was watching something on Netflix and completely forgot until my feet started to feel wet. I basically flooded our entire dorm, even my roommate's room. I used every towel, blanket, anything I had and went to a couple of my neighbors to get more to clean it up. I had to use six washers and six dryers just to clean the towels and such that I used to mop it up. I even tried the vacuum (roommate's vacuum, so it was okay). My roommate was gone on some sorority thing, so she never knew. It smelled a little funky, but I just aired out the place and lots of Febreeze.

So, now I sit in the bathroom with the jugs while they fill up.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Last year when I was in a dorm, I was filling up one of my 5g jugs to refill my tanks. The outer rim of the shower was like two inches (maybe), so you always get water everywhere when just taking a normal shower. But, when you have a 5g jug sitting directly over the drain, you start to flood the bathroom. Well, I was watching something on Netflix and completely forgot until my feet started to feel wet. I basically flooded our entire dorm, even my roommate's room. I used every towel, blanket, anything I had and went to a couple of my neighbors to get more to clean it up. I had to use six washers and six dryers just to clean the towels and such that I used to mop it up. I even tried the vacuum (roommate's vacuum, so it was okay). My roommate was gone on some sorority thing, so she never knew. It smelled a little funky, but I just aired out the place and lots of Febreeze.

So, now I sit in the bathroom with the jugs while they fill up.

Good idea :D

So today I tested water and started to shake the nitrate tube. Don't look down at the tube. Took a shot right in the eye.

Malawi Freak said:
So today I tested water and started to shake the nitrate tube. Don't look down at the tube. Took a shot right in the eye.

Omg did you wash it out good?

I tried to vacum gravel while I had a pair of freddy cichlids in the tank, I did not notice eggs until the male bit me on my hand and took a hunk of skin off, I bled all in the tank, it was not fun , lol

darkmatter_3500 said:
I tried to vacum gravel while I had a pair of freddy cichlids in the tank, I did not notice eggs until the male bit me on my hand and took a hunk of skin off, I bled all in the tank, it was not fun , lol

Ouch! I've taken some nips from my puffers during water changes but they never got me bad enough to make me bleed. They just took inquisitive little nips, if they went after me like they go after food I would be bleeding!

I had this stupid idea that if i took a 2 1-2 gallon jug and placed it above a 1 gallon jug i could mix the water and salt better it would actually mix and aerate it... But like what about the other gallon and a half.

Lets just say my beautiful floors were wet. And i defeated my purpose and end up with brackish water.

I wanted wine after that. Im not considering a RO unit and be done with the jugs from the grocer.

Getting into a volleyball incendent(can't even walk right) and a car accedent of course something else would happen. XD
15 gal I found some new guppy fry while doing a water change, and scooped them up in a bowl. Everything was going well until I started to pour the water back in the tank and bumped the bowl, they went flying. Water was all over the fan, humidifer, the bucket with all tank deco, and the carpet....a good 5 min spent on the floor looking for them in the soaked carpet and I finally looked in the bucket. Every single fry was at the bottom of the bucket, with a little extra tank water! From now on they I am placing the bowl on the nightstand until after the water change....what a week lol

Wasn't really during a water change but I figure it fits here good enough.

Was starting the siphon last night for my overflow. Got a huge mouthful of water and spit right in the tank. My big red zebra decided he wanted to taste it.

Malawi Freak said:

Was starting the siphon last night for my overflow. Got a huge mouthful of water and spit right in the tank. My big red zebra decided he wanted to taste it.

Hahaha! Eew!!

durying a wc a bumped thr light on my tank and it fell in while my hand was in the tank. i wasnt shocked, but i blew a breaker lol.
i accidently sucked up one of my von rio tetras durying a wc once.

I forgot to turn the heaters back on o.o needless to say I didn't notice until my normally 85 degree tank was down to 73 *facepalm*

Malawi Freak said:

Hahahaha thanks for the laugh;)

Back
Top Bottom