Dumbest thing done during a water change?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was doing a large water change and couldn't find my eel. So I began to refill since I lost suction in my water changing hose, didn't add prime and half way full I stopped and started looking for my eel again. All of a sudden my red eye tetras started floating to the top. I then realized I had infact forgot to add prime. I was so pissed I added double the dose refilled the tank. 30min later all 5 redeye tetras were dead! Thank god they were the only ones out of all the fish in there. When the tank was back to normal there was my dang eel sticking his head out of the gravel :( happy as can be lol

Malawi Freak said:
Wasn't really during a water change but I figure it fits here good enough.

Was starting the siphon last night for my overflow. Got a huge mouthful of water and spit right in the tank. My big red zebra decided he wanted to taste it.

I did the same exact thing, except I spit flem from my throat back into the tank lol gross

Sharkbait54 said:
Was doing a large water change and couldn't find my eel. So I began to refill since I lost suction in my water changing hose, didn't add prime and half way full I stopped and started looking for my eel again. All of a sudden my red eye tetras started floating to the top. I then realized I had infact forgot to add prime. I was so pissed I added double the dose refilled the tank. 30min later all 5 redeye tetras were dead! Thank god they were the only ones out of all the fish in there. When the tank was back to normal there was my dang eel sticking his head out of the gravel :( happy as can be lol

dang im sorry:/ but on lively note I can imagin your eel sticking his head out looking at you with the troll face :)

Lol I filled up my 16 gal with its new bubbler installed in the gravel. The bubbler is old and used and so was the air stone, but it's new for the tank , little did I realize that the airdrome had all but disintegrated because it was old . Had to empty the tank out again.

It wasn't a water change but a few years back I bought a HOB filter from Walmart and it was defected and leaked out of the bottom, didn't even notice until I saw water dripping out of the ceiling in the kitchen under my bed room...

Flipmikeskater3 said:
It wasn't a water change but a few years back I bought a HOB filter from Walmart and it was defected and leaked out of the bottom, didn't even notice until I saw water dripping out of the ceiling in the kitchen under my bed room...

wow! just saying that must have sucked :/

Once when filling my aquarium I started turning the faucet the wrong way to turn it off. the tank almost overflowed and I almost ruined the carpet before I realized what went wrong.

Did a pwc today, somehow siphoned a green Cory into the tubing. Went frantic getting it apart. Aimed the hose into the tank and literally shot him into the tank like a blow dart. Now he hides under my driftwood when I walk by. Thankfully this was my 30 gallon and not my 10 gallon.

I'm moving. Did the first tank today. I just realized I only brought the bucket the fish are in, not extras to fill it. So they are going to have to live in a cup for a little while... Oops. Noooot leaving the house again tonight.

I sucked up 2 rasboras.. :( 1 went down the floor drain ( I almost cried) and the second I was able to save, after creating a huge puddle from dropping the hose (5 bath towel water mess) the little fish was on the carpet 7" from the drain.. he wasn't doing so go when I got him back in the tank but seems fine now

Forgot to plug in my heater after w.c Temp went from 82 to 70 overnight (this was during winter) Luckily this was for my hardy community tank, and all the fish survived. Unfortunately they all had ich, but I cured it with heat and salt and everyone survived :)

Cornstar said:
Forgot to plug in my heater after w.c Temp went from 82 to 70 overnight (this was during winter) Luckily this was for my hardy community tank, and all the fish survived. Unfortunately they all had ich, but I cured it with heat and salt and everyone survived :)

That had a happy ending at least!

Back
Top Bottom