Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Once when filling my aquarium I started turning the faucet the wrong way to turn it off. the tank almost overflowed and I almost ruined the carpet before I realized what went wrong.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:08 AM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did a pwc today, somehow siphoned a green Cory into the tubing. Went frantic getting it apart. Aimed the hose into the tank and literally shot him into the tank like a blow dart. Now he hides under my driftwood when I walk by. Thankfully this was my 30 gallon and not my 10 gallon.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 AM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I'm moving. Did the first tank today. I just realized I only brought the bucket the fish are in, not extras to fill it. So they are going to have to live in a cup for a little while... Oops. Noooot leaving the house again tonight.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I sucked up 2 rasboras.. 1 went down the floor drain ( I almost cried) and the second I was able to save, after creating a huge puddle from dropping the hose (5 bath towel water mess) the little fish was on the carpet 7" from the drain.. he wasn't doing so go when I got him back in the tank but seems fine now
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 AM   #75
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to Cornstar Send a message via Skype™ to Cornstar
Forgot to plug in my heater after w.c Temp went from 82 to 70 overnight (this was during winter) Luckily this was for my hardy community tank, and all the fish survived. Unfortunately they all had ich, but I cured it with heat and salt and everyone survived
Old 03-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornstar
Forgot to plug in my heater after w.c Temp went from 82 to 70 overnight (this was during winter) Luckily this was for my hardy community tank, and all the fish survived. Unfortunately they all had ich, but I cured it with heat and salt and everyone survived
That had a happy ending at least!

Tags
change, water change

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com