Dumpster diving behind petco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jellyface

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found a brand basically new aqueon light for 100 gallon tank it’s for a salt water reef tank the protective glass cover over the leds lights was broken but I easily replaced that with some glass from the Home Depot and then I found a light for a 20 gallon long but the cord was cut on it still trying to fix it I’ll keep you guys updated I always thought those videos were people find all the stuff in the trash was fake but it’s not u can find some real good stuf in there

Those vids have always been so interesting to me I hope to one day go do it myself. Great job on the find tho, I hope you can fix the light!

Yea me to you should definitely go and try it I recommend going in the early morning and wearing gloves good luck :)

Just a tip...before you try this check your local laws . Where I live it is illegal and if caught you will be charged with trespassing and theft . The stuff in the dumpster is considered store property . Just be careful out there .

Yah. It's illegal to go through people's trash in most states. If a cord is cut it's probably a fire hazard.

Definitely illegal to take anything from property you don't own or have permission to be taking. That includes property that is in the trash.

Not sayin "don't do it" but I wouldn't make it public knowledge that you have. Also be careful because if the wrong person sees you doing that, you'll likely get a warning/fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also. As a business owner.. all I need is some dumpster diver to get hurt on my property.

Back
Top Bottom