Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

e cigarettes safe for fish?

I just started "vaping" (smoking electronic cigarettes) and, because of all the talk of how "harmless" the vapor is, I began doing it inside my house.

My fish seem unaffected so far but I'm worried that nicotine could be settling in their water...anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Moved to The Lounge.

I use an E cigarette too and haven't had any problems with fish as a result. I did not smoke in the house but I do use the E cig in the house, and occasionally in the fishroom.

BTW, I quit with the E cig almost 9 months ago and I never looked back. Congrats.

severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama
Moved to The Lounge.

I use an E cigarette too and haven't had any problems with fish as a result. I did not smoke in the house but I do use the E cig in the house, and occasionally in the fishroom.

BTW, I quit with the E cig almost 9 months ago and I never looked back. Congrats.
Grats, that's not an easy thing to do.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

BTW, I quit with the E cig almost 9 months ago and I never looked back. Congrats. [/QUOTE]

Congrats and thanks for sharing. We'll see how it goes. The ecig is working for me so even though, ultimately, breaking the nicotine habit would be nice, just being away from the smoke is great.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Breaking the nic habit is great, and I do well most of the time... but I'm still not off of it. At the same time, I'm ok with that because I'm actually able to run for the first time in my adult life.

You can do it too!!!
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safe

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com