Early evening visitor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
This little guy nearly dived bombed into my pond last night while I was out in the yard with my dogs. Naturally I had to play with it. :) I took him in the house to make sure he was all intact and nothing was wrong with him but I think it's just the unseasonable cool temps that has him a bit clumbsy. I placed him in a tree and he was still there this morning. Ain't he cute though? lol

First set of pics was from last night...

Attachments

• 081208 002resized.jpg
    081208 002resized.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 081208 003resized.jpg
    081208 003resized.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 081208 004resized.jpg
    081208 004resized.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 54
These are from this morning. The flash made the one look like a night pic...:rolleyes:
Just look at that face. :) Wish I'd have been able to get a toothy grin shot while he was screaching at me last night. lol

Attachments

• 081208 007resized.jpg
    081208 007resized.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 081208 008resized.jpg
    081208 008resized.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 081208 011resized.jpg
    081208 011resized.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 55
How cute, a little fuzzball! Gimme!! Can you just pick one from a tree for me (forbidden fruit? :eek: ) and send it? I'm sure the shipping agency wouldn't mind :D

Nice shots! I have a few of them living in the corner of my house. They live up in the siding. Great bug catchers!

It's just that the last time my husband played with a bat (we had a few in the house while doing construction-apparently you need that drywall for certain things)....we ended up at the ER for the first of his series of rabies shots.

We could have caught the bat to see if it had rabies, but we didn't think it should have to pay the ultimate price to let Grant avoid a few dozen injections. So we watched it climb up the wall and exit through the hole it came in through.

Awwwww...how cute he is! Great pictures, too! We also had bats up in a carport attic once before we added an addition to our house! Here in NC you have to love those great little mosquito catchers!

every night just about when dusk turns to dark... there are literally thousands of bats around... great mosquito catchers...

They are great and we normally have a good many around. I'm thinking about putting some bat houses up to encourage more to hang around. Thanks for the comments everyone. :)

every night just about when dusk turns to dark... there are literally thousands of bats around... great mosquito catchers...

We have three bat colonies here in our city. Each evening, the colony that are in the Botanical Gardens in the city fly south east to a park-whose-name-escapes-me-right-now.

I used to live right under their flight path. A gorgeous sight watching them in the summer months.

Back
Top Bottom