Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-01-2004, 12:57 AM   #31
i find it hard to eat fish, i havent eaten fish for 2 years now...that is how long i have had fish. im proud of my self...
Old 07-01-2004, 01:02 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
My favorite dinner is The ultimate feast from Red Lobster! Here's the line up, if you don't know.

Lobster Tail
Shrimp Scampi
Fried Shrimp (butterfly)
Snow Crab Legs
And of course the side items.

I said all that to say this: FISH GOOD.......MMMM..MMMMM!

Remember to Keep Christ First!
Old 07-01-2004, 11:24 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to fishstixs05
Oh man you are right on revhtree, I always go to Red Lobster for my B-Day and get the feast. I dont know what all you are talking about, fish is great! I love catching frying it up, smoking in it(in a smoker not a pipe), battering it and deep-frying, nothing beats it, exept maybe crab. Oh and clams are great to. When I go to Ft. Bragg, have to get steamed clams at the brewery. Everything to do with fish is my fav. whether it be in a tank, on the end of my line, or in my stomach.
In the Sacramento Area, join Marine Aquarium Rountable of Sacramento at www.marineaquarist.org or the Sacramento Aquarium Society at www.sacramentoaquariumsociety.org
Old 07-01-2004, 12:01 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to ferret Send a message via AIM to ferret
I've never been a big fish person. I can stand salmon and tuna, but in general its never been a favorite. I had mahi mahi recently (DOLPHIN!! HEHE!) and it wasn't too bad, but in general I'm all about shell fish and such.. clams, olysters, shrimp, lobsters, crabs, etc. mmmm.
Gamer? Like Counter-strike, World of Warcraft, or just games in general? Visit http://www.gamehavoc.com/
Old 07-01-2004, 12:14 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
My ex-girlfriend went to a family reunion in Georgia a while back and they had a fish fry. Thing is, their version of a fish fry is...

1) catch fish from pond at the site of the get together
2) kill the fish
3) batter the fish
4) fry the fish

In case you didn't notice, there was no "clean the fish" or "prepare the fish". If you ate fish at the fish fry, it was a whole fish with crispy batter all over it. I have no idea why she didn't eat any of it...
Old 07-01-2004, 02:31 PM   #36
AA Team Emeritus
Just saw a show with Wolfgang Puck cooking a whole fish in various ways, and it is definitely a different story when you are looking at its eyes - similar to a pig roast or something - I much prefer the features of the animal to be gone before I ever get to it!
Old 07-01-2004, 02:57 PM   #37
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to madasafish
Yeah, I recently saw one of the WLIW 13 cooking shows, and somebody like Minh was cooking up a whole fish (features and all) and salting it. Actually, it looked pretty darn good.

And... I'm a vegetarian.

Krap, Bi-bim-bap (or however you choose to transliterate it) is one of my favorite dishes. Go Korean!

Also, my freshman-year roommate was Korean. I got into the (unhealthy) habit of eating just rice and seaweed wraps. Man, that Korean seaweed is good. A lot of the time, I just ate the seaweed itself. I JUST ate lunch, and yet all this discussion is making me hungry.
MTS is a blessing, not a disease.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to krap101
yeah its great. i dont know if i was making it wrong but i thought bi bim bop was just soy sauce egg and rice. i like bo kum bop. egg, rice, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce and sesame sauce.

my 4 favorite foods are rice, kam poong ki (fried spicy sweet chicken), galbi (beef with a sweet sauce), and finally ken neep (a korean plant we grow in our back yard with dried pepper, crab sauce, sesame sauce, and garlic [wrap around rice with chop sticks and enjoi ])
~ Danny
Old 07-02-2004, 02:41 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak
Re: Eating Fish?

Originally Posted by sugarloves
Sometimes, when having dinner, I find it difficult to eat fish like salmon or trout. Haha. I was wondering how many of you think twice about eating fish now that you have aquariums.
That is funny, I go the other way around.
I eat the fish and think "uhm, how would this look in my fishtank?"
That happens everytime I eat Pacu because we eat that all the time in South America but I guess in the rest of the world it is an ornamental fish? Strange. Just like putting lobster tank in the sea-food restaurants...
Old 07-02-2004, 02:58 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to luntiz

The Tank

50 Gallon Acrylic Tank (36x15x20)
85lbs Fiji Live Rock
(4) Maxi-Jet 900 (230gph) *Awaiting 2 MJ1200s*

(1) 250W 10,000K Aqualine Aquamedic HQI Hanging Pendant
(5) LED Moonlights

Live Stock

(2) Pink Skunk Clownfishes
Goldstripped Maroon Clownfish
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish
Closed Thread

eat, eating

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com