Electric Green Glofish brand Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think someone should walk into a store that sells them and insist they turn off all of the lights to see if they really glow.

We've got them up here in Portland and SW Washington but for some reason I just can't bring myself to buy them.

A school of black skirts, sure. There's just something a little creepy about that green they use. Chernobyl runs through my mind when I see them....

I think they're really cool fish, and if you had one for a child it's be a wonderful way to introduce them to loving aquatic life, but there's a lot that's left to be desired.

I feel like while Danios and Tetras should have schools, and at least a minimum 10 gallons, they're trying to sell glofish habitats that are, say, 5 gallons and cheesy neon things, that don't make those kinds of fish happy. They're making them out to be a completely different species, but they're not.

Then again, if they made a glofish catfish, I'd definitely be head-over heels. But for right now, I'm not too impressed.

Back
Top Bottom