Electricity bill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have one tank and about to start a 5 gallon tank. I don't think my tanks have effected my electric bill it usually hovers between 133 and 150 a month maybe higher depending on how bad the winter is, same with summer. I would think that a pond would definitely raise the bill but it's hard to say how much.

I love horses, your very lucky.

I looked at the Dolphin Pet Village Facebook page and I'm not sure if their still selling stuff or not. Are they? Looks like it was a great store!

Honestly she gave us her card on closin day and said she's keeping a coral warehouse and offered us tickets to As games because we were reppin Oakland too and buying hundreds of bucks worth of rock and SW stuff.

My husband is getting the hook up for his coral tank and ill let you know what I hear. We won the Game today 8-2 hehe

I have 3 fish tanks and my electricity bill and I hAve to pay for water, neither has gone up much, since I've owned, my first fish tank, 2nd and 3rd

marsh said:
Honestly she gave us her card on closin day and said she's keeping a coral warehouse and offered us tickets to As games because we were reppin Oakland too and buying hundreds of bucks worth of rock and SW stuff.

My husband is getting the hook up for his coral tank and ill let you know what I hear. We won the Game today 8-2 hehe

Wow that's awesome! I can't lie, the Giants are my #1 favorite team but the A's are definitely #2!
Congrats on the win! Go Cespedes!

Update: the electricity bill was $180 last month. Thats pretty good right?

Thanks, and yes, congrats on the win quite nice.

I'm originally from the city but I just like Oakland for baseball. basically grew up on the east bay with my gramma and gramps. Now I'm on the central coast but I go see the sharks a lot! Like tomorrow woohoo

My mom blew my mind when he said her bill is 45$ a month for 2. She uses gas heat and dryer too so that's even less. She's a smart hippie my bills are outrageous. $300and something. California raised kids don't handle winter very gracefully if I may say so. My mom survived the great Buffalo blizzard way back when and you would swear she was given the Purple Heart

Gotta love the sharks!

$45! That's nothing! Wow sounds like you have a cool mom!

I think she's cool, but I moved out early. We've had time to get reacquainted and she's a good role model. She's a great horseback rider and I got to go trail riding on her AQHA mare.

Trust me I never thought I would inherit any if my moms personality traits but I am super duper thrifty, that's from her she grows all her own food and stuff like that! I know yay for homesteading

Its good you still have a pretty good relationship.
She sounds like a very strong person.

My sister is a lot like your mom. She loves horses(but not fish). And being that I'm her brother I view her as being pretty stubborn.

I turned off the water heater the last few days and I forgot to turn it back on. Let's just say my twin sister wasnt to happy! Lol.

I need to try the switching the water heater off! My electricity bills can get pretty high, but that's because I live in a big trailer and there isn't too much insulation, so in the winter heat is necessary and in the hot, sweltering Louisiana summer air conditioning is a must. Plus we get all sorts of *lovely* surcharges for hurricanes that happened years ago as well as more recent ones... Paying last month's bill right now and it is $112, it's not too bad because the weather has been good enough that I don't have to use much heat or air. Two people, four tanks (added another one this past week though). I've never really noticed bills going up when I've added a tank.

I hope you can convince him to let you have your pond! I wanted one when I was your age, well, actually even younger. I think I started asking my mom if we could build a pond when I was maybe 12 or 13. Never got it, but she has been thinking about putting one in lately. Her reasoning against it was always all the work, and that within a few years I would be moved out and she would be left to deal with it. That and her fears I would get bored with it before we got it finished. When I have my own house (I'm renting now) I will probably build one if I have enough yard space.

Alyxx said:
I need to try the switching the water heater off! My electricity bills can get pretty high, but that's because I live in a big trailer and there isn't too much insulation, so in the winter heat is necessary and in the hot, sweltering Louisiana summer air conditioning%2

Alyxx said:
I need to try the switching the water heater off! My electricity bills can get pretty high, but that's because I live in a big trailer and there isn't too much insulation, so in the winter heat is necessary and in the hot, sweltering Louisiana summer air conditioning is a must. Plus we get all sorts of *lovely* surcharges for hurricanes that happened years ago as well as more recent ones... Paying last month's bill right now and it is $112, it's not too bad because the weather has been good enough that I don't have to use much heat or air. Two people, four tanks (added another one this past week though). I've never really noticed bills going up when I've added a tank.

I hope you can convince him to let you have your pond! I wanted one when I was your age, well, actually even younger. I think I started asking my mom if we could build a pond when I was maybe 12 or 13. Never got it, but she has been thinking about putting one in lately. Her reasoning against it was always all the work, and that within a few years I would be moved out and she would be left to deal with it. That and her fears I would get bored with it before we got it finished. When I have my own house (I'm renting now) I will probably build one if I have enough yard space.

Go for it! When I'm on my own I'm going to have an 1000g angelfish tank! hopefully.

Let's hubby and I, 17 tanks and a huge pond, two dogs, one cat, washer, dryer, dishwasher and a TON of computer server equipment: $300.00 a month, roughly. Get rid of the server equipment, the bill would be less. We did one of those energy assessment tools that you stick in your wall socket to see how much you use on average for each socket, all of my tanks together and the pond were less than the servers, washer/dryer and dishwasher combined.

Im not sure but I would guess that PG&E (in the San Francisco bay area especially) is higher priced than the national average. But im no homeowner so who knows

I love horses, your very lucky.

I looked at the Dolphin Pet Village Facebook page and I'm not sure if their still selling stuff or not. Are they? Looks like it was a great store!

Hey update I just remembered the signs that were inside the actual store(shut down mid January '13)

I have never had a Facebook account so I forgot the specific instructions were something like "add us as friends on Facebook to receive special updates on livestock and future liquidations"

Haha sorry not my area. I'm a sports fan and she totally offered us some extra season tickets in the store, about 15 minutes before they locked the doors and said all the corals (which never got discounted more than 20%) would be for sale.

We emailed her so ill let you know what I hear! PS: Sharks won tonight!! 2-1 against Calgary wooooo take off!!

marsh said:
Hey update I just remembered the signs that were inside the actual store(shut down mid January '13)

I have never had a Facebook account so I forgot the specific instructions were something like "add us as friends on Facebook to receive special updates on livestock and future liquidations"

Haha sorry not my area. I'm a sports fan and she totally offered us some extra season tickets in the store, about 15 minutes before they locked the doors and said all the corals (which never got discounted more than 20%) would be for sale.

We emailed her so ill let you know what I hear! PS: Sharks won tonight!! 2-1 against Calgary wooooo take off!!

Okay thanks! Congrats on the win!

If you know exact equipment wattage, you need actual power use and amount of hours used per day/month and your power bill, you can take that info and use free calculators designed mostly for solar application but useful here and get a number that is as accurate as the information you provide.

Well I'm definately considering solar. I just need to do more research on it.

Back
Top Bottom