Electricy costs and usage.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just curious what everyone is paying per kilowatt and how much of your electricy bill is from your aquariums.

I pay per the following schedule.

Jun-Sept $.0488/kWh
Oct-May $.0395/kWh

Last month I used 1399 Kilowatts. Probably 50% of that is from my tanks.

We get so screwed by ConEdison in NY. :evil:

I pay about 0.13 - 0.16/kWh and use about 280 kWh per month (Oct-May) in my 1 BR apartment. I have a dishwasher and the three operational tanks. I figure that the tanks cost me about $15 a month in electrical costs per month. With all my partial water changes, thank goodness my water usage is included in the rent!

I'll make everyone jealous by saying the for the past 3+years we haven't paid elec, gas, water... we pay our phone bill and we were paying $400/mo as of Jan it's $425 per month...That's rent... how nice... of course we're moving soon and we're trying to buy a house so those payment will but higher and we'll have an electric bill... not quite ready for that...

Yep. Nothing beats walking in the door. Sitting down in your fav chair and looking around and thinking. This is ALL MINE. Every payment goes toward owning another small chunk vs helping someone else pay off their mortgage.

Menagerie, wow canada's nice. Free electric. ;)

.074500 / kWh
but do not for get to add:
Facilities Charge $5.95
Transmission Surcharge (858 kWh x $.002050 / kWh) $1.76
Facilities Charge $5.95
and that is just electric not gas
this months electric 77.06
wish i had not looked 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom