Empty 20gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have this 20 gallon tank... It sadly isn't water tight any more, but I would still like to use it... Does anyone know if and/or how I can fix it so it'll hold water or any ideas of something I can put in there that doesn't need water?

Google "resealing aquarium"..... tons of info out there, and vids on youtube on how to do it. It's not that hard, just a bit tedious to do correctly...... but a 20g is perfect practice size to learn how to do it.

Snakes, lizards, frogs, hamsters, any other small rodents, insects, crabs.

Google "resealing aquarium"..... tons of info out there, and vids on youtube on how to do it. It's not that hard, just a bit tedious to do correctly...... but a 20g is perfect practice size to learn how to do it.

Alright... Thanks :)

Snakes, lizards, frogs, hamsters, any other small rodents, insects, crabs.

Wouldn't do the snake... I would LOVE a lizard but my mom... Well, let's just say she wouldn't be a fan of the idea :p Dunno about a rodent... I'd like to do that too... Maybe hermit crabs would be cool... :) thanks for the ideas :)

Or just reseal the tank! Lol I find praying manti very interesting and I might buy some myself!

My favorite thing about fish tanks is that you don't have to worry about touching/scooping poop. Just vacuum and change filter media.

Well good luck at resealing it! Remember to use nontoxic water proof sealant and to remove all sealant that you are replacing before you add the sealant.

Well good luck at resealing it! Remember to use nontoxic water proof sealant and to remove all sealant that you are replacing before you add the sealant.

Make sure the silicone doesn't have mold inhibitors.....

Watch a couple of the videos.... most important steps are getting rid of ALL the old sealant. Have a few good single edge razors on hand for scraping, then wipe down a couple of times with acetone (fingernail polish remover). Once you've done that, don't get any oils from your hands in the areas where you want to reseal.

Back
Top Bottom